Help me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red914

Reaction score
Help me.
Help me.

Red914 said:
Help me.
Help me.

You might need to give us a bit more info, sweetie. But if a virtual hug helps, ...***hugs*****😺

I'm heading to bed soon, so I barely have the energy. I barely ever have the energy. But I'm in a place that I don't think I can pull away from...

Thanks for the hugs!

If you reply again, I'll probably have more info next time.

ladyforsaken said:
What's wrong, Red?

Hi, Lady.
Basically, I may have to drop out of school because I'm so behind, my mom and I may lose our home because we don't have enough money to pay our bills and rent, and her cancer might be coming back. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I feel like hiding away from the world and never coming back. My mom needs me, but I just can't be strong anymore.

It sounds like you are in a horrible situation. I don't know where you are in the world, but does you school have a guidance councillor or any staff member you have rapport with, anyone like that that you can talk to? They may be able to point you in the right direction for any kind of financial help you may be entitled to both for your schooling and your home situation.

It is very hard to be strong for someone, but whatever you do find other people to talk to about all of this, here as well as face to face if you can.

I think you will be able to do this, but remember you must also look after yourself with proper rest and eating - even if you don't feel like it. Things are always even worse if you don't.

Red914 said:
but I just can't be strong anymore.

Yes you can. You'd be amazed how strong you can be when you need to be. Especially if it's for someone that you love.

I'm so sorry you are going through all that. Keep your head up and take things one day at a time. You will get too overwhelmed if you try to live in the future or the past. Just do what you have to today, put one foot in front of the other and worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

As for school, I'm sure there is something that can be done for you. Have you considered trying for a GED? Or even seeing if you can find a school that would let you work at home?

Red914 said:
Hi, Lady.
Basically, I may have to drop out of school because I'm so behind, my mom and I may lose our home because we don't have enough money to pay our bills and rent, and her cancer might be coming back. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I feel like hiding away from the world and never coming back. My mom needs me, but I just can't be strong anymore.

I'm so sorry you're going through all that. :( *hugs*
It sounds so tough and it may be hard for you to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but you can't give up now, not just for your mom, but also for yourself. It's tough and exhausting, but you can fight through this and come out of it. It seems that you might have to seek help from certain places, I'm sure you could find out where you can seek financial help for the time being? Like what jag said, maybe seek advice and ask for directions where you could find help with your home issue.
I wish you all the best though, we're all here for support so tell us how it goes okay?

I'm sure if you explain the situation to the school they can do something to help, so hopefully that worry will be gone.

As others have said you may be able to get help, I'm not sure where you are in the world, in the UK there is a free service the Citizens Advice Bereau, I'm unsure on other countries versions but I'm sure they is some advice service who can help you and let you know where you stand.

Good luck

That's awful... I had to drop out of university when my dad got sick.

I'm sure your school can arrange something if you're struggling due to family issues - I don't know where in the world you are, but I imagine in most places schools are mandated to help students with problems. If you tell us where you are, we might be able to dig up some imformation about support (financial or otherwise) you and your mum are entitled to.

Big hugs and best wishes!

Hey, everyone. So... I don't know. I'm in another weird mood tonight, and I still don't have enough energy. I'm in way over my head with depressive symptoms. I want to cry. I don't even know if things have improved since my last post -- it's almost like I've stopped caring.

I can say that there are signs my mom's cancer is in fact NOT coming back, but we'll see. We're not in financial ruin yet, so that's good, I guess.

I want to thank all of you... really. I'm going to really need all of you for a little while longer, okay? I feel like messaging on this board is the only thing I have to warm my heart right now. If people are kind to me, I feel like I'll be something resembling "all right." Thanks again. Hugs back to all of you.

Spirituality, man. I wish I could teach people how to feel the way I feel when really dark times fall upon us. I know how you feel. I'm not quite there yet, but flunking out and having to do another year of high school is sort of a real possibility for me.

You have to find this inner peace and just be ok with the grand machinations of the universe. I find that if you can't really cultivate that inner peace yet, then simple repetition will get you some semblance of it.

Just try repeating "everything will be alright". I know it sounds hokey as hell but honestly, go on a walk with some music and try repeating this to yourself. Because you've got to believe that as long as you're alive, everything will be alright. And if you hit rock bottom then there's nowhere to go but up. You've got to let go of the desperate scratch and claw to the top. Let your spirit float up or down. Let fate and the universe balance it out as it will. There was never any fighting that, after a certain point. This doesn't mean that you should do nothing. Do what you can. But be at peace with every plausible outcome. Easier said than done, I know. Somehow, I've accompolished this myself. It's not difficult, I don't think. It doesn't take incredible will or anything. Just knsoing when you've been beaten but knowing that you aren't really "beaten". Life is a gamble and you lost some on this hand, but the game's not over.

I'm sorry, I don't feel these awfully constructed metaphors adequately relate my philosophy. But it's the best I can do, presently.

For me, it's almost a relief. Leaving it all up to fate. And not being able to fall any lower. Knowing where you are and where to go (up). And knowing that nothing you encounter on the way up will be as hard as that fall. You've broken even, in life.

Unless you end up dead or in prison. Neither of those are breaking even.

Red914 said:
Hey, everyone. So... I don't know. I'm in another weird mood tonight, and I still don't have enough energy. I'm in way over my head with depressive symptoms. I want to cry. I don't even know if things have improved since my last post -- it's almost like I've stopped caring.

I can say that there are signs my mom's cancer is in fact NOT coming back, but we'll see. We're not in financial ruin yet, so that's good, I guess.

I want to thank all of you... really. I'm going to really need all of you for a little while longer, okay? I feel like messaging on this board is the only thing I have to warm my heart right now. If people are kind to me, I feel like I'll be something resembling "all right." Thanks again. Hugs back to all of you.

I really hope that things are able to turn around for you and I believe that if you remain strong then you can beat it. I'm glad that your Mum's cancer is not coming back and that you're still able to remain afloat. (me and my family know what it's like not to have a lot of money) We're here if you ever need someone to talk to. Take care.

Just contemplating the possibility of your mums' cancer returning can be stressful enough, not to mention trying to concentrate on schoolwork at the same time.

Try to be as positive as possible, (as corny as that sounds) and try and enjoy what what spare time you have.

It got worse tonight.

I'm about to have a complete nervous breakdown. Very quickly.

My mom doesn't know. She only knows I'm in a rotten mood.

Can't give more details now. I may be in a hospital by the time you read this.

Thanks for all of your kindness. Keep in touch.

Red914 said:
Check your mesages, Lady........

ladyforsaken said:
Red, are you okay? Where are you now?

I'm so sorry I only just saw your PM. My dear Red, please get back to me asap. I hope you're okay. :(
Please be okay.. *hugs*

ladyforsaken said:
Red914 said:
Check your mesages, Lady........

ladyforsaken said:
Red, are you okay? Where are you now?

I'm so sorry I only just saw your PM. My dear Red, please get back to me asap. I hope you're okay. :(
Please be okay.. *hugs*

I'm fine, Lady. I'm so very sorry I scared you like that. I was just blurting out stuff I shouldn't have. Thank you so much for being a friend at this time.

Hardship makes a strong and proud man. When it's not possible to exit a situation, nor to fix it, just raise your head high and take whatever's coming. After storm there always comes the sun. These are not just empty words.
The best way to help your mother is to take care of yourself.

Latest posts

Back