Updated the forum software

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your work. I suppose if it is all functioning properly we will never notice the difference?😸

jaguarundi said:
Thanks for your work. I suppose if it is all functioning properly we will never notice the difference?😸

Yup, as said it's minor update. So mostly relates to security fixes/bugs.

I've already noticed minor changes, mostly asthetics. Hopefully the update sorted the vanishing posts you sometimes get, it would have been nice for a few new emoticons, too.

Based on mails I received from users having trouble signing up, I have fixed a flaw that occurred (as a result of moving the site to it's own server).

The captcha image was not being generated due to a missing software library.

Hmm. I've not been getting e-mail notifications... since the update. Is it just me... or?

Now that you mention it...neither have I. Didn't really notice cause I only get them when I receive PM's so I don't often check that email since I'm always here anyway lol. Just sent a PM and received a response but no notification was in my email.

^Phew, okay I don't feel so alien with this problem now. Hopefully it can be fixed. :\

I hope emails are working again (I removed the default mail sender software and installed at much simpler one). I am very surprised that that was broken out of the box:-(

Switched the forum to use the harder to crack recaptcha service instead of the default mybb captcha. This should limit the amount of spam bots successfully creating accounts.

Keep your finger crossed Sci-Fi. In the last two and a half hours there has been one. Typically we would average about 25 in that time period.

Minus said:
Keep your finger crossed Sci-Fi. In the last two and a half hours there has been one. Typically we would average about 25 in that time period.

So many.... :O

Fingers, toes, anything I can cross is crossed. :D No more 200+ per day sounds so nice.

Oh LadyF you have no idea...so...many...spammers...some are really clever too, and some just smash their digital face on the keyboard creating accounts.

^ Wow then I'm glad bjarned did what he did. Thanks, bjarne! Byeeee spammers.

Latest posts

Back