Updated the forum software

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Cavey said:
I can add another problem to the list. I have a few people on my ignore list and next to their posts there is a button that says 'Show this post', but it no longer works since the upgrade to the forum software.

So, the ignore feature is actually working better (even if it is a flaw in the new design) and it's a problem? LOL

But yeah, that's exactly why I don't use the feature, everyone looks....

I prefer it with the flaw lol

^ I like that "flaw" too, I would actually call it an upgrade! The ignored user's posts are greyed out and permanently muted. It makes for a much more pleasant and friendlier ride on the forum.

-Teresa

TheRealCallie said:
Cavey said:
I can add another problem to the list. I have a few people on my ignore list and next to their posts there is a button that says 'Show this post', but it no longer works since the upgrade to the forum software.

So, the ignore feature is actually working better (even if it is a flaw in the new design) and it's a problem? LOL

But yeah, that's exactly why I don't use the feature, everyone looks....

There are some people whom I don't wish to see in certain threads, but I'm more than happy to read their posts in the more playful areas of the forum. I'm currently deprived of that option, so I consider it a step backwards.

Maybe I've got more willpower than most or something, but when I don't want to see what someone has wrote, I just don't click the button!

(This was intended as a reply to all the posts after mine, but one of the other flaws prevented me from quickly quoting all of them ;))

It's not about will power as much as about making up your mind
I dont use that option much, but when I do, it mean that i'm too pissed off at the person and wish to not see anything they write.

I dont want to just mention the flaws so here goes some of the things i like.
I like the 'find' button.
The 'quick reply' in pm.
I also like that I can hide like a real ninja.

As a admin on another Vb board on another forum for 10 years this looks pretty sleek, so thank you. We have not upgraded recently, I would love to see the bones of it.. I will assume you know the image and video adding doesn't work.. ^.^

I'm also +1 for the annoying ignore-list users bugs. I had to take a couple people off ignore to see their posts, which I don't really mind so long as it isn't a controversial topic. I only ignore them because of those topics. But without the 'show post' button it is meaningless to have anyone on ignore, because I don't want anyone on ignore all the time.

Also, the fact that posts are no longer separated from people's signatures is driving me absolutely crazy. Posts are becoming unreadable because I can't tell a post from a sig anymore, including my own.

And I rarely ever comment on stuff like this, so that's when you know it's really bad...

space
space
my sig is below this sentence.

When others were talking about some ''embed buttons'', I realized that I never had them! They left since the previous update few years ago or so... And never came back, so I've always had to manually write everything, like when posting a photo or video on forum. Maybe Bjarne knows why? It's so odd. Why I haven't seen the buttons even before this current update?

Only embed button is attachment, as it was the only embed thingy even before this update... .__.

I have no idea on how to post up a video or a picture up. Does anyone have an idea on how it's done??

The old way still works even without the buttons, I memorized it by now. So just type it out.

Code:
For images: [img]IMAGE_URL[/img]
For videos (Youtube): [video=youtube]VIDEO_URL[/video]

Edit: Minus beat me to it...

I hate the way it's impossible to distinguish comments from most signatures now.

I've noticed some people are putting lines in their siggies to separate them from the posts. People could also center them so it doesn't look the same as the post or even change the color.

I know that won't solve the problem if people don't do it, but I figured I would throw that out there in case others are getting confused and want to start switching their own to distinguish from post and siggy.

TheRealCallie said:
I've noticed some people are putting lines in their siggies to separate them from the posts.

Yup, I think this is great until we get the real lines on the forum, lol. xP

For those who don't know how:
Just put [ hr ] without the spaces above your signature text. ^^

TheRealCallie said:
AmytheTemperamental said:

I don't have any more room to put a GIF in my siggy. :club: lol

If you didn't have to give people warnings about yourself, you would have lots of room :club: :club: :D *runs and hides*

Paraiyar said:
I hate the way it's impossible to distinguish comments from most signatures now.

Yes, I agree. This is why I have disabled viewing signatures in my User CP. It makes for a much visually cleaner and less obtrusive reading experience. Some of the signatures are beyond annoying. Perhaps I am old school.

Latest posts

Back