hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zibafu

Reaction score
Hey, been lurking this place for a while now, decided to sign up.

I'm zib, from north west uk. 27 year old computer gaming, guitar playing, skateboarding, Martial arts practicing nerd.
As you can imagine, yes I am feeling quite alone these days, hence the joining heh. I have only ever really had a small circle of acquaintances, and only ever really allowed a couple of them to get close to me in recent times, yet lately it seems like they rarely want to hang out anymore or barely even speak to me.
Before I got close to these people, being alone never really bothered me, the things I do for fun can be done alone most of the time, and so have been done so for the last 10 years

Came out of my shell so to speak when I joined the martial arts school I train at in at the end of 2012, and dated one of the other students for a couple of months, first and only gf in life, she ended things because apparently it was only meant to be a fling, which really sucked because shes one of the 2 people I am close to, and the whole reason I asked her out was because I had pretty powerful feelings for her... And yet somehow I managed to stay friends with her.
Not long after that a girl I used to work with came back into my life, shes now married with a kid, we became the best of friends over the last year, yet for the last couple of months, shes been acting real distant to me and I've no idea why, apparently everything's fine but I've only seen her once in 6 weeks, when prior to that we would hang out a couple of times a week, seems like I've pissed her off somehow and I don't know why :( I have other friends, but they are... Well small dose friends so to speak, friends in skating, friends in martial arts, but outside of that, nothing in common, so I guess more like friendly acquaintances.
I seem to have gone from being "an island" so to speak to being... Well I don't wanna say miserable, but close. Find more moments now where I just wanna talk to someone and no ones there, really not used to dealing with this loneliness, which is ironic since in the past I would've been fine with it

No idea if this is how introductions to this site work haha, currently listening to my favorite band and just started typing :p

Outcast said:
Welcome,
I see your into martial arts, watch any UFC by chance?

thanks, yeah I've watched a little, I'm not a huge fan of it tho, the whole ground and pound doesn't sit well with me, I used to watch cung le fight back in strikeforce, mainly because he practices sanda or sanshou a kickboxing style in kung fu which is what I train.

I do watch some ufc clips on youtube occasionally, its a good way to look at combos and techniques in action.

zibafu said:
Outcast said:
Welcome,
I see your into martial arts, watch any UFC by chance?

thanks, yeah I've watched a little, I'm not a huge fan of it tho, the whole ground and pound doesn't sit well with me, I used to watch cung le fight back in strikeforce, mainly because he practices sanda or sanshou a kickboxing style in kung fu which is what I train.

I do watch some ufc clips on youtube occasionally, its a good way to look at combos and techniques in action.

Ah I remember watching Cung Le ko Rich Franklin back in 2012. I'm not so much into practicing mma just like watching, and yeah ground and pound can be pretty bs but its necessary imo.

They have quite a few free fights now that UFC is big, I'd recommend watching.

Hello, I'm from the north west too.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum.
So, you are into martial arts? That's cool, I practiced Taekwondo for some years.

Dexter said:
Welcome to the forum.
So, you are into martial arts? That's cool, I practiced Taekwondo for some years.

yup, I do a style called nam pai chuan, its basically a hybrid style combining traditional shaolin kung fu (traditional, not the modern wushu acrobatic stuff) and taekwondo elements, mix in some sanshou style sparring techniques and thats what I do, my sifu has a background in karate so he'll occasionally bust out some karate stuff he thinks is useful.

Welcome to the forum. It's unfortunate what you have had and/or going through. I also know what it's like to have your friends move on with their own lives and it's not a great feeling at times when you're left alone. I hope that you find what you are looking for and that your situation is resolved in the near future.

zibafu said:
GirlwithCuriousHair said:
Ah, cool... I don't really know Manchester so well. I've been to Old Trafford though. Bleurgh

haha, I've lived here my entire life and I dont know manchester at all :p

And where do you hail from ?

I'm from the former Yugoslavia but I've been in London for a while now.

Oxford Road seemed pretty cool!

zibafu said:
Ah, cool... I don't really know Manchester so well. I've been to Old Trafford though. Bleurgh

haha, I've lived here my entire life and I dont know manchester at all :p

And where do you hail from ?

I'm from the former Yugoslavia but I've been in London for a while now.

Oxford Road seemed pretty cool!

ahh, oxford road... I really should get to know the city I live next to :p

Good skatepark in Stockport, I went there once many years ago. What music do you like?

And have you seen this dog?

wS6H8eb.jpg

Thanks everyone

painter said:
Good skatepark in Stockport, I went there once many years ago. What music do you like?

And have you seen this dog?

wS6H8eb.jpg

There was once a good skatepark in stockport, now its a dire skatepark that people only go to if they are desperate to ride but are too lazy to go into manchester to skate one of the three parks there :p

I can generally listen to a bit of everything, but my favorite genre is classic/glam rock, so bands like Mr Big, GnR, Extreme, that kinda stuff.

and yes, I have seen that dog, he watches me, its scary :v

Ah that's a shame about the park, it was one of the best I went to in my youth, they had a really cool bowl there with 2 sections to it. Bones I think it was called?

I went to one in Manchester too, they had a fullpipe there which we all had fun on but of course never got to see anyone actually do it like in 'The End'... great video :p

Latest posts

Back