Goths

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there are gothic women too, or not-necessarily-gothic-but-like-gothic-guys women, so sure, why not.

You might want to consider looking for a goth/fetish/sub-culture forum in your area?

Nope, not at all. I was a 'goth' once upon a time...a long, long time ago now, but still find the look most attractive. In my humble opinion, if you're dating a woman who doesn't like your look or finds you too scary, then what the heck are you doing with her? Far better off finding someone who appreciates you for you...

Not my type, but I know women that do. Be who you are, someone will love you for it!

I became friends with some of the Gothic people in middle school, back in mid 80's... Gothic sub-culture has been around far longer than some people realize... Though I'm not into the "life style" of Gothic myself, I haven't found "them" scary at all since the first time I've seen them... And as far as your chances with women goes, what type of person you're looking for? Are you looking for "goth girl" or "non goth girl", or does it even make a difference? Personally, I couldn't care any less... If a girl I was interested in was in to it, I'd be ok with it as long as she respects my own life style & doesn't try to force me to become one... I'm sure there's a girl out there, goth or not, that feels the same way...

Badjedidude said:
Goths haven't been scary since like 1991.

You're good to go. :cool:

This. I knew some Goth girls in high school, circa 1992/3, and a friend of mine was scared of them. She got paired in a group with them but found out they weren't scary at all. We got along just fine with them, great bunch of girls.

Sci-Fi said:
This. I knew some Goth girls in high school, circa 1992/3, and a friend of mine was scared of them. She got paired in a group with them but found out they weren't scary at all. We got along just fine with them, great bunch of girls.

Yeah.. I think in a lot of ways, the perception of goths as being scary (or demonic, evil, etc) was just part of the tail-end of the "moral scares" of the 1980s. If you're my age, you'll remember all the stories and reports about dungeons & dragons, ouija boards, backmasking in music... all of which were considered to be demonic and evil -- or at the very least, morally questionable.

So of course some kids in that sort of social environment who dressed and acted counter-culture/alternatively are going to be in many ways ostracized or possibly considered to be morally bankrupt, malevolent, or even satanic.

It's entirely unfortunate.

You certainly do have a chance! There's plenty of goth girls out there, and a lot of them are pretty **** hot ;)

Get yourself down to the nearest goth/industrial/fetish night and I'm sure you'll do fine!

Am I supposed to be scared of goths? I mean a bit of black lipstick, white foundation, some hair dye and a monochrome wardrobe does not make a person Satan's little helper, as far as I know. Nor do piercings, tattoos or heavy jewellery (hope not - got at least one of those).

But I am sure that there are indeed many nice goth girls out there, just dying to meet you, so go find yourself one. :D

I'm sure you have a chance. Anyone has a chance with anybody. Goths included. Never dated one but knew plenty of them in my high school years and they were nice people when I knew them. Then again, I've always liked the goth/punk look.

jaguarundi said:
Am I supposed to be scared of goths? I mean a bit of black lipstick, white foundation, some hair dye and a monochrome wardrobe does not make a person Satan's little helper, as far as I know. Nor do piercings, tattoos or heavy jewellery (hope not - got at least one of those).

But I am sure that there are indeed many nice goth girls out there, just dying to meet you, so go find yourself one. :D

Lol... That's what I was thinking... There are far more scarier people out there than a goth person... I actually think some of the goth girls are pretty cute & attractive... Not to say everyone else aren't but you know what I'm saying...

Speaking of scary looking, there's that lizard person... Well, he's different... But then again, I'm sure there's somebody out there for him, too... I thought he's a bit funny personally...

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 6
I know plenty of "scary" looking people. And none of them are goths. They are some of the kindest people I know (unless you're on their bad side. lol) If people are going to judge you based on how you look...and a lot of people probably will..., they don't deserve to know you. Hold your head high and be proud of who you are. There are people out there that will like you regardless of whether you're a goth or anything else.

Just a loner said:
Im a goth , do i have any chance with women? do you think im too "scary"?

Sure you have a chance. I know it's not the same but similar - I've met at least one cool and very pretty metal girl before. I'm sure there are some neat girls in the goth subculture too. Even if you don't want to date a goth girl, I'm sure you have a chance. Although in my opinion it makes things a lot easier when you share a common interest with someone since you instantly have lots to talk about and do for fun. I tried asking out someone once with whom I had little in common, and it wasn't that great of a time.

At least you have a subculture to narrow down though. I like little bits of this and that, I'm not one thing. So it's hard to find other people like me.

At least you've got your look. I know women who've dated goth guys. I won't say anything about subculture because it's done nothing for me and I don't expect anything ever coming from it. Like what you like, dress how you dress, act how you act.

Badjedidude said:
Goths haven't been scary since like 1991.

Following the punks time wise, i never knew goths were considered scary.

Minus said:
Following the punks time wise, i never knew goths were considered scary.

It's only because they were so "different" at the time, but mostly it's something everyone's seen before... now.

I've always had the rugged biker look which ironically the goth girls have found too scary...sigh...some of them were cute too.

Just a loner said:
Im a goth , do i have any chance with women? do you think im too "scary"?

Personally I like goths. I like that they try to differentiate themselves while trying to remain who they are.
And no goths are deff NOT scary. They're adorable <3
I think that you have a chance to find a soulmate. Good luck :D

Latest posts

Back