best f2p mmorpgs, 2014

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R2349

Reaction score
Anyone know any good free to play mmorpgs? Preferably newer ones, released 2012 - 2014ish, that are not completely dead yet lol.
(also, I like non-targeting systems better than traditional target-locking or w/e)
I liked Tera & GW2, for frame of reference :D

A lot are going f2p now but some have restrictions on how much of it is free. I play DC Universe Online, it's original basic game is free to play, and sometimes new features are offered to basic users like seasonal events. The DCL's are not, you have to either purchase the DLC or pay for a Legendary membership to have all access. Basic and Premium users do have restrictions though. DCUO has won some awards and lots of people still play it, it's only 3 years old and there are steady expansions released for the game.

I was playing star trek online for a while, I actually bought it when it came out but its f2p now, the space combat is excellent I think, all tactical stuff involved, the ground combat isn't to great to me, I mean its ok, but not outstanding, its been out since 2012 and there's loads of missions they even have "seasons" like the tv shows did, and you have to finish a season to work the next, plus all sorts of side missions, exploration, pvp etc.

if you're a star trek fan then you'll understand this - its set in the pre JJ Abrams universe so after star trek nemesis, but set after romulus was destroyed, so whilst nero, khan, spock etc are fighting in the new parallel universe the old universe has carried on :p Federation is at what with the Klingons once again, the borg made a comeback, as did other familiar species from the star trek universe. Worth a look

I've never been one to understand gaming abbreviations, just looks like you've slipped on your keyboard to me.

9006 said:
I've never been one to understand gaming abbreviations, just looks like you've slipped on your keyboard to me.

haha

f2p = free to play
mmo = mass multiplayer online
rpg = role playing game
mmorpg = combine above
pvp = player vs player
pve = player vs environment
dlc = downloadable content

I have played GW 2 and Tera also. I tried Blade and Soul China free to play open beta and it was fun but it wasn't nice to play when not understanding anything but there were few English speaking guilds though. :) I'm waiting the Black Desert to come to NA/EU but I think it will be pay to play.

Latest posts

Back