Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angela

Reaction score
I am just another uninteresting person and I am a book nerd. Hello everyone.

Hi and welcome, and I doubt you are actually uninteresting :)

Angela said:

Many bookish people can be more interesting than they think. Also, you would be surprised how much belief can influence what you are. If you believe you're uninteresting, you will be. Try thinking the opposite.

Angela said:

Welcome! There are several "book nerds" here. I think you'll find some friends.

Welcome

Angela said:

Let me tell you what's uninteresting, someone who goes to work all week, then spends all their money at the weekend doing the same thing as everyone else - getting drunk, like most of the people in our culture do, watching the same tv shows, listening to the same music, wearing the same outfits from the same shops, going to the same holiday destinations, paying bills, watching football yada yada blah blah

Someone who is a book nerd IS interesting, here's why, if you love non fictional books, then that shows that you are looking to improve yourself through knowledge, if you are a fiction reader that shows that you have an imagination, both of which are very interesting traits.

You might think you're uninteresting, but is that because you are ? Or is it because the people around you are actually the uninteresting ones, the sheep who wanna just follow a crowd and do the typical things everyone does.

I guarantee that if you meet the right people they will find you very interesting

Angela said:

Whereabouts ?

SonDEre-ix said:
Many bookish people can be more interesting than they think. Also, you would be surprised how much belief can influence what you are. If you believe you're uninteresting, you will be. Try thinking the opposite.

I could go so far as to say ALL bookish people are more interesting than they think, they just don't look around enough to notice when someone is paying attention to them

And yes the power of positive thinking

I dont think I have ever used the word interesting so many times in a post haha

Hey Angela, welcome to the forum. Everyone has something interesting about them - whether they know it or not. It's just a matter of whether we wanna see it or not. Hope you enjoy your time on this forum.

Boring, not interesting...Ah, the common trouble of those who compare themselves with the stories they read.

Not knowing who you are, and maybe in fact you are boring, who I´m I to say you are not, but.. Maybe developing an eye for the stories around us, and the stories of ours, would be beneficial.

And also, things of awe are not around us only, but also inside of us. You may not have an interesting story of yours, but you may have interesting things inside your mind. And that also counts.

Well, hope this cheers you up, show us how uninteresting you are in further posts about yourself;)

Hello Angela, welcome! All this debate about not being interesting is kind of interesting :D

Welcome to the forum Angela. I'm sure that you're more interesting than you give yourself credit for and besides there isn't anything wrong with reading. I hope that you find what you're looking for. I'm from England as well.

Latest posts

Back