Anyone get lonely on the weekends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyDaria

Reaction score
I think that is why I joined this site. During the week I can hardly keep up with my social responsibilities. I frankly get annoyed when my friends (some who may post on message boards) post a lot during the week and I don't get to participate. I leave for work at 7 AM and get home at 7 PM. Whatever I could respond with is going to be poor and non quality.

So I try to answer on the weekend but, here is the thing... NO ONE POSTS on the weekend. No matter what -- text, facebook, message board, phone, nothing happens all week. If I leave messages on boards... no one posts until Monday. Where are they all? It isn't like I don't do things on the weekend, but they don't take all day. I leave at 12 get home at 6 and no one has posted anything.

This weekend is a long weekend for me... I HATE those. But in particular, tomorrow is Easter and almost everything is closed. And I guess they are visiting family but really ... I will too! I takes about 3 hours tops.

I kind of feel like advertising for a weekend only friend. Meaning... the friend has to be available most of the weekend.

Anyone else feel like this... like the weekend is incredibly lonely?

Working retail sucks...!!! Normal people I know have regular jobs, Monday to Friday... I'm usually off in the middle of the week... I'm almost always work on weekends... Being that I don't really care about any of the holidays, my job loves to schedule me weekend nights... So I'm usually too busy during weekend nights to really get lonely... I'd love for people to leave me alone on weekends for a change (work people)...

Oh I do - and I love that it's quiet and peaceful on weekends. I wish everyday is a weekend. I'm such a loner like that sometimes.. sigh.

I do sometimes. Sometimes I am so feed up with the week I want to be alone, but that is mostly Friday night. I do wish I had plans most weekends, but then again, like this weekend, I am so busy I feel overwhelmed.

Right about Saturday afternoon I go from *ahh people are bad* to... where is everyone? It is just that I don't get where everyone goes on the weekend. Message boards die.... texts die even my single friends seem to fall off the face of the earth. I hate that. This is the time to relax but it turns into a lonley time.

A part of me really enjoys being alone on the weekends, everything is nice and quiet and I do what I want. But their is another side of me that feels like a loser for not going out and being social.

Facebook friends are not friends, friends are those who call you and say: Hey, wanna go out?

I agree, weekends are very lonely

Yes, weekends can be lonelier than the ordinary weekdays. I am not working for health reasons so am free in the week as well, yet I still feel being alone is lonelier at the weekend.

I don't get lonely on my days off work.
Today I talked to my Mam and Dad and that's it.
Tomorrow will just be my Dad.

Before the days of the internet I was lonely !

I get lonely on the weekends because I have no where to go and no one to talk to. My family are busy on the weekends and I usually spend the whole weekend sat at home, on my own.

Yeah, weekends can feel more lonely. But more because it can feel like most everyone else is with their partners, and friends, and going out and having fun. Yet for me, the weekends are just two more lonely days where I'm acutely aware of how lonely I am. Two more days of little to no communication or contact with anyone, and two more days of it getting worse if I try to make contact or interact with strangers ....

What gets me... is that even those who are not in a relationship seem to fall off the face of the earth. It makes me feel so alone....

Anyway, all u lonley weekend people should make this thread a place not to be. What are you doing this weekend. I have a job interview on Monday that was hastily put together than I will have to prepare for.

why can't we meet for drinks and a laugh :)

I actually have a deadline with a lot of nice work to do for three days, but no outstanding invitations either

Ok so I just went upstairs to try to straighten out my bi fold doors... after utterly exhausting myself and probably hurting myself here is what I have concluded... i can't do it. Ugh.. I believe one of the bottom brackets is too high due to the rug and I can't seem to get it down.

Tired.

The weekends are no different than the weekdays because I'm jobless at the moment. I've generally been having only one face-to-face meeting with a close friend per week, so my loneliness rating is probably at 7 out of 10. 10 being catatonic.

The first time I was ever laid off I was so excited. I was on unemployment so I had 32 weeks to find another job. I was going to use them all... HA-- by week three I was almost insane with being bored. All my friends were working and I didn't want to spend money since I was laid off... so, it really wasn't that great.

Within 6 weeks I had a temp job just to get out of the house.

I have the possibility of being laid off in September. I hope I am not but in another way I feel like I could use the rest.

Latest posts

Back