Are good memories really worth it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafPerson

Reaction score
Its nights like these that I really ******* miss what we had. Holy honeysuckle we clicked like I never had with anyone else. I miss laying bed with you watching anime or some other lame ass honeysuckle on your lap top. Then making trips at 1 am to the store and picking up $40 worth of junk food. I wonder if you give a honeysuckle all the time. That maybe if I gave you a call or a text maybe we could try again. I know that will never happen, but it feels good thinking about it. Sometimes I wish I didnt have these memories at all, that way I couldnt compare it to being in this abyss of isolation.

:( *hugs*

I know how you feel. Sometimes I wish I didn't know what was and felt better than what I have now, makes me grateful on one hand, but miserable on the other.

Memories are sweet - and bitter. Not all tears are only sad, not all dreams are only in vain.

Good memories plus dead dreams is what I got left from him since breakup... Not a nice mix to cope with for more than 2 years. Pathologic grief here. As much as you let the past go the more chances you have to be free of pain... I read that many many times almost every day trying to overcome. When friends insist also about letting the past in the past to live the present then I reply: so you have memories in your brain just to not forget where you left the keys?... Oh, I'd wish someway all those nice memories of him could be wiped like that movie.

Good memories definitely are worth it, in my opinion. I would rather focus on the good memories than all the bad ones I have...the bad outweigh the good for me.
You should treasure those memories, but not let them rule your life. They are in the past and you no longer are. As hard as it is, you need to learn to accept what happened and find yourself again or maybe you need to take it further (like I did) and figure out who the you are all over again.
The past is no longer here, but those memories and what happened helped make you into the person you are today. While it might not seem like that's a good thing right now, most people who have those good memories are a better person for having experienced them. Even bad experiences can help you become a better person, if you learn from them and you become stronger from them. That, in itself (imo) is a blessing.

I find you forget the bad memories first, then you think everything was always just good because you can only remember the good memories. It's a horrible experience but then the good memories start to fade too. The only time I can picture my ex is when I sometimes dream about her otherwise I can hardly remember her now.... yet I still miss her more than anything on Earth.

It's like someone punching you in the stomach until you vomit, then once you've stopped vomiting they start punching you again in a continuing cycle of torture.

"It's better to have loved & lost than to never have loved at all" and all that garbage.

rosa_desértica said:
Good memories plus dead dreams is what I got left from him since breakup... Not a nice mix to cope with for more than 2 years. Pathologic grief here. As much as you let the past go the more chances you have to be free of pain... I read that many many times almost every day trying to overcome. When friends insist also about letting the past in the past to live the present then I reply: so you have memories in your brain just to not forget where you left the keys?... Oh, I'd wish someway all those nice memories of him could be wiped like that movie.

[video=youtube]

Memories of love past always leads me back to listening to U2 - Stuck In The Moment. Something, I've certainly been victim too.

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment
And now you can't get out of it

Don't say that later will be better
Now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

Thanks, painter's radio, you put a smile on my face... lol... That's the movie. Now I realized my comment sounded bitter indeed and I guess I would rather never have met my ex :( Sigh... I hope someday I can recall all those beautiful memories so I'll be able to enjoy them someway.

Hugs;)

I sometimes wish the same. But if we are going to wish things that we cannot control, why stop there? Why not just wish we were different people and didn't care when people hurt us, or could just switch the pain off. I don't want to think of her every single day for a couple of years and be sad, either. But, I'm careful to wish away my experiences. Perhaps in 10 years from now, the music that our failed relationship stained and is unlistenable to now, will sound so much better. Perhaps this pain will inspire something great. Without pain in the world, many of the greatest things we have wouldn't exist. I just wish it would go away sometimes :)

Latest posts

Back