I am just fed up of my life........

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeetj12

Reaction score
6 years ago I was a normal guy who wanted to have a normal life with a good career, family and a life partner. I never wanted anything more than that. But my life completely changed when I was diagnosed with chronic kidney decease. I had a transplant after that. In these 6 years I have never proposed to a girl nor ever tried to be in any relationship. I almost cut that part of my feeling of being in love with someone. I always think that it would be unfair to the girl if I do so. I think that I don't have the right to be in someone's life because in [/size]my opinion when someone commits to be with someone then he/she should have the ability to fulfill the same also. Since my life is not at all guaranteed I decided not to.

I even cannot engage myself in any heavy work. I already quit 3 jobs because of this. Whenever I work hard my medical reports shows abnormal results. Now I am just staying at home depended my parents which I hate the most. I feel like burden to them. Sometimes they even call me burden (indirectly).

Seeing my friends engaged or married and leading a perfect life makes me feel myself a big loser. I feel so lonely now. I cannot tell anyone what I feel from inside. I do not want to show how horrible my life is.

Hello jeetj12, I am so very sorry that you have and are going through so much. But don't allow your health problems to prevent you from reaching out for love and a partner. Many people have health problems and are either looking for someone or are in a good relationship, so you shouldn't give up hope of finding the right person.
Could you look for a less physically demanding job? Maybe office or library work?

I'm sorry, and I agree with Tiina63, don't let your health get in the way of love.

Don't give up hope, you are an inspiration story in the making! There is so much you can do to live a full life!

jeetj12 said:
Seeing my friends engaged or married and leading a perfect life makes me feel myself a big loser. I feel so lonely now. I cannot tell anyone what I feel from inside. I do not want to show how horrible my life is.

I understand perfectly that health problems may seem an obstacle to you, and that you prefer to keep to yourself in order to avoid being unfair to someone and get harmed yourself in the way. But should you give up your goals (having a normal life etc) because something you cannot do anything about had to happen? and what makes you think that anyone else's life is more"guaranteed" than yours? You have the right to live your life without worrying about what "might" or "might not" happen. While you are wasting your time losing hope, many chance for a better life may pass by.
Letting our insecurities and fears get in the way of the life we WANT to live seems to me more like excuses rather than reasons. It just allows us to stay in our confort zone while thinking that it's "the best solution".
But you cannot know what's best for you unless you break the boundaries you have set to yourself.

I hope that your situation will change to the better. Good luck

It seems like it would be up to a potential partner to decide what's fair for them and what isn't. As long as you're open about your condition, then I see no problem. If it's something you feel that you have the energy for, then go for it, I suppose.

That said, I don't think that romantic relationships are the solution to much of anything, but that's just me.

I know lots of people with serious illnesses and disabilities and most of them have partners.

Latest posts

Back