What to do with wasted days...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanderer145

Reaction score
So I've sat here all day at the end of my bed propped up against wall reading a long running manga...all day haven't played any games or done much else should really have been applying for more jobs but alas the day has disappeared. I sort of have a realisation when I sit on the end of my bed that I've been doing it for many years and I look out of the window. It was a pretty hot day I do wish I was out cycling but I did that yesterday...

Do you ever get so burnt out trying to change things that you just fall right where you started? I feel like time stops sort of in this kind of Sunday. I sit at the end of my bed and I feel left behind by people like despite trying not to do the same thing, it just ends up happening anyway...then I try to remedy it and I just have to keep trying somehow to break out of it..thinking about things so much makes my head hurt...feeling powerless to change it is something I want to break out of.

I just feel like I have no purpose on days like this...that I feel like crap after sitting here all day despite trying to do stuff during the week.

So how do you deal with wasted days?

Wanderer145 said:
So I've sat here all day at the end of my bed propped up against wall reading a long running manga...all day haven't played any games or done much else should really have been applying for more jobs but alas the day has disappeared. I sort of have a realisation when I sit on the end of my bed that I've been doing it for many years and I look out of the window. It was a pretty hot day I do wish I was out cycling but I did that yesterday...

Do you ever get so burnt out trying to change things that you just fall right where you started? I feel like time stops sort of in this kind of Sunday. I sit at the end of my bed and I feel left behind by people like despite trying not to do the same thing, it just ends up happening anyway...then I try to remedy it and I just have to keep trying somehow to break out of it..thinking about things so much makes my head hurt...feeling powerless to change it is something I want to break out of.

I just feel like I have no purpose on days like this...that I feel like crap after sitting here all day despite trying to do stuff during the week.

I just hope tomorrow is going to be better.
I hate slow, boring days. I always try and go out every day.
Today I played golf, got in at 2.30pm. Since then it's been shite. My Dad has been channel hopping which always does my ******* head in. I went out for 10 minutes at nine to take some photo's. I must have looked on here and facebook 20 times at least !

I play on my x box, read my book, I went for a bath. It's just passing time until it's time for bed. Before the days of the internet it was horrendous. I would just lay on the couch starring at the ceiling and occasionally at the clock and then go to bed at the earliest possible time.

Meditation. It reminds me I am connected with the universe. We all are. Amazing right? It is also good for health physical and mental. Lowers heart rate, blood pressure, It clears the mind for learning which makes you smarter. Depression and anxiety also go down. A friend got me started. I noticed a book on the shelf. Mediation for dummies. It was such an eye opener. I read it and was hooked.

Come to Canada. I've got lots of stuff for idle hands to do. No wasted days here, just a longing for longer ones.

I get those wasted days too sometimes, and almost always on Sundays. And I guess I figured out why: having no occupation at all. Of course you could well stand up and clean that dust corner of your room that's been there for years, sure, but you just don't have that feeling, that enthusiasm, you might as well do it but you won't enjoy it, you won't feel it. Therefore you just sit at the corner end of your bed, which is the most comfortable spot at the moment. I pretty much did the same today. I was homealone till 4 when my mom arrived from a trip, so she started cooking and cooking a lot of stuff. I went like 'I've seen all those Gordon Ramsay's bullshits on tv, perhaps I could enjoy myself' and so I did: I followed his nr1 rule: always keep your station clear, you can't cook good food with your station dirty. Even my mom went surprised like 'wtf kid?' I guess it's about enjoying and when that feeling goes, better get it back up and the best way to do so is not to do nothing

Wanderer145 said:

Nearly every single Sunday is like this for me. Sundays feel like I erased any progress I have made throughout the week. It is nearly always a wasted day. I signed up for a sports league on Sundays so that should help but until that starts, Sundays are for being depressed at home, wasting valuable time.

Wasted days happen. I've had many in my life, but it turns out when I get a job after a period of unemployment and can't seem to waste a day at all, I miss the times of nothingness. You always say 'I'm off this day, I'll waste that one', but it never happens until I'm back at the point of wasting everyday months later.

Sometimes its just unavoidable. I wouldnt dwell too much on what you didnt accomplish and focus on what you did accomplish, even if its minor. I usually try to have a couple video games im working on, or a series im watching on netflix, or a couple projects in various stages of completion.

You gotta keep busy or you'll drive yourself crazy.

WildernessWildChild said:
Come to Canada. I've got lots of stuff for idle hands to do. No wasted days here, just a longing for longer ones.

One day... one day...

I guess my situation is different, I feel I don't have enough time. You can tell this by the height of the lawn which I do avoid doing. Though it would probably be easier if I just did it regularly. OK, now I'm just rambling. Sorry, please ignore me.

I keep a journal sometimes, especially when I feel like I am wasting time. I write done a positive thing that happened, and something I did that improved my current situation. Sometimes the second one can be something as simple as doing the laundry, because yay! now I have clothes to wear. You may not had wasted your day. I wouldn't consider reading all day a waste.

Latest posts

Back