something interesting I found

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsuhideakechi

Reaction score
I found this tid bit online while doing some research on loneliness.

Even though the Internet has possibly contributed to our isolation, it might hold a key to fixing it. Cacioppo is excited by online dating statistics showing that couples who found each other online and stayed together shared more of a connection and were less likely to divorce than couples who met offline. If these statistics hold up, it would stand to reason friendships could also be found in this way, easing those whose instincts tell them to stay on the periphery back into the world with common bonds forged over the Internet.

Cacioppo is from the University of Chicago
Department of Psychology, and
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience

read more here if you like.
http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ocial_isolation_is_deadlier_than_obesity.html

Interesting.. I don't think we can blame technology for our isolation,you know,video games don't put guns to our heads and force us to play them.We can manage it (as long as we want to do so) - the internet is a great way of meeting people.Sure,there are fakes but there are fakes in real life as well.Knowing what someone's interests and hobbies are before meeting them is great and saves you a good amount of time.I've met my girlfriends online as I cannot go out and meet people (social anxiety) and the internet made it much easier to talk to people.

Btw, Mitsuhide Akechi? F--K YEA.

I may have done some reading on it before, but I think it's easier to find out common values and background through online profiles which can contribute to relationship success. I know I have an easier time making friends online than off because it's easier to find people like myself, but offline I have to make do with who's around.

Latest posts

Back