just feel like sharing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlerunawa

Reaction score
You know that feeling when someone you're madly inlove with tells you about his new girlfriend who he really likes, and even consides marrying in the not so near future?
And all this after you mentioned to him sometime ago that you like him?
Well, this is how I feel right now while sitting in my bedroom crying...

Love can haunt you for a long time. I've been in this situation before.

After you cross that boundary and you truly are in love with a friend, there is no going back. You can't shut off how you feel. You don't want to fresia up your friendship, but going any further just as friends will drag you along the dirt road until you're almost dead. If you feel that there's no going back and you two will never be together, you have to end it.

I didn't walk away from it when I should've. The girl I loved was messing around all over town, and then she dated my best friend for a year. It was three years of torture and pain. Then I walked away. I stopped feeling because I didn't have to watch. Then, when they broke up, my best friend and I grew closer because we had so much more in common, and I left her in the dust. It wasn't easy, but it had to be done.

Gravely said:
After you cross that boundary and you truly are in love with a friend, there is no going back. You can't shut off how you feel. You don't want to fresia up your friendship, but going any further just as friends will drag you along the dirt road until you're almost dead. If you feel that there's no going back and you two will never be together, you have to end it.

I've dealt with this quite a bit. Probably can't even count the times on one hand. Some people can shut the feelings off, others can't. For me I'm able to switch them off.

Personally, the method I prefer is to put those feelings in a box, wrap the box in some nice wrapping paper, then throw that box into a fire. Then hope to god they don't change their mind later on and fresia everything up. :)

Also I wouldn't really say that love is the right word for these feelings. Normal people can't be in love with someone that they've never been with in the first place.

Anyways, cheer up dood. There's plenty more guys out there.

Gravely said:
Love can haunt you for a long time. I've been in this situation before.

I didn't walk away from it when I should've. The girl I loved was messing around all over town, and then she dated my best friend for a year. It was three years of torture and pain. Then I walked away. I stopped feeling because I didn't have to watch. Then, when they broke up, my best friend and I grew closer because we had so much more in common, and I left her in the dust. It wasn't easy, but it had to be done.
we're not friends. we're both students and did a couple of courses together (working on homework together I mean) and we got along really well. but we're not actual friends. we exchange homework questions sometimes and help each other out sometimes. pretty rarely chat a little on facebook (though we did have like an hour phone call some time ago, just talking about school and other stuff).
the thing is I can't really "get away" from him. we're both taking the same course this summer, so I'll be seeing him twice a week and he already asked me if I want to work together again (that was right before the "girlfriend news" so I was kind of happy for about half a minute, since last semester things kind of went sour between us, so him wanting to team up with me again was good new that there are no bad feelings).
and just today I saw him on the bus. felt a bit "chilly" if you know what I mean.
we're both studying for the same thing in the same university so I'll be seeing him around for at least next a year and a half.

Thats not so great...well at least you're not seeing or know his girlfriend is pregnant or they're definitely tying the knot. Both would be pretty soul crushing if you once cared for someone. It's tough but push it to the side and remember the good things about him when you hung out.

Wanderer145 said:
Thats not so great...well at least you're not seeing or know his girlfriend is pregnant or they're definitely tying the knot. Both would be pretty soul crushing if you once cared for someone. It's tough but push it to the side and remember the good things about him when you hung out.
yep, it's going to be a long summer. I've already decided that working with him will be a bad idea for me (before I thought that since I'll be seeing him anyway, maybe it won't make such a big difference).
I was kind of surprised he even asked me though, since I kind of mentioned to him some time ago that I like him, and he agreed himself that we deffinitely shouldn't be working together then. and him telling me about his new girlfriend like this... I was thinking to myself "seriously?! have you forgot I have feelings for you and I really don't want to hear this?!"

littlerunawa said:
You know that feeling when someone you're madly inlove with tells you about his new girlfriend who he really likes, and even consides marrying in the not so near future?
And all this after you mentioned to him sometime ago that you like him?
Well, this is how I feel right now while sitting in my bedroom crying...

:( *hugs*

In my experience, there are a lot of people in this world who do not think of others with the things they say or do. It's sad, but it's true. As much as I've come to that realisation a while back and totally understand it, it still does bother me at times. But it's something I'd expect most of the time with people. Even friends or family.

Cut communication/contact until you get over him. Hurts at first, not forever.

Latest posts

Back