Normal to think of someone not quite your ex?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edamame721

Reaction score
There was someone who I liked for years and I finally asked him out on a date but after it, he insisted I was playing games. I made efforts to be his friend (since he seemed like he wasn't ready for a relationship) but they weren't appreciated.

Six months ago, I decided to treat him as a loose acquaintance and danced with him at a friend's party. I didn't feel anything and I thought I had put my feelings behind me, when he tried to ascertain if I was still interested in him. He did this by claiming he didn't get "enough female attention" and then accused me of playing games again.

I stormed off angry and after a week of thinking, let him know I wasn't interested in him as potential romantic partner or as a friend. But now, I still sometimes think of him and second guess myself. But, I know I made the right decision...is it normal to think of people you were interested in when you are single? I have a feeling I would not be as soft on him in real life compared to my memory of him.

It sounds to me as though he was the one playing games and I am glad for your sake that you say you are no longer interested in him, because he sounds like the sort of person who could really mess with your head.
Yes, it is perfectly normal to think of people you were interested in when you are single. I sometimes think of a couple of the men I went out with and sometimes I know that I am remembering with rose tinted glasses.
I do hope that you don't think of going back to this guy as you deserve someone far better.

It looks like he was into playing games and blaming you. It's fine to reminisce about old acquaintances. Just try to keep them in perspective. It was an interesting life experience, and now it is over. Time to look forward to the next thing.

Thanks guys. Sometimes I don't have someone I can turn to except this forum and you help a lot. =)

Latest posts

Back