The only two friends I have offline are leaving this fall...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealeaf

Reaction score
... And I have no way to replace the time we spend together.

I can attract strangers in need of help.

I can attract people seeking a resource.

I can attract people who want to be fixed.

I can attract people with sociopathic tendencies who don't care about the feelings of others but are fascinated by me.

I cannot attract love, and nobody can tell me why or point out in what ways I'm unlike those who can obtain the genuine love of others. Of course there must be something wrong with me, though, for if we were equal we would be receiving equal.

I'm worth trusting with sensitive data, personal problems, and personal belongings while someone runs to the restroom even if we've never met before, but I'm not worth genuine care. So says my increasingly long record of disasters.

I can relate to that, I sometimes wonder if everyone is the same way but they just don't care or see it the way we do, maybe they just plod along and take the good with the bad?

I really don't know, I have never been one to make a lot of friends or make friends easily, people tend not to talk to me because I am pretty quiet and see me as too much work maybe.

When I do find an internet buddy they end up leaving after a few months as well.

I wish I had answers but I do know how you feel.

Pretty much the same for me as well.
How far away are your two offline friends moving? Would you be able to meet up with them once a month or so, or will they be too far away to make this possible?

My War said:
I can relate to that, I sometimes wonder if everyone is the same way but they just don't care or see it the way we do, maybe they just plod along and take the good with the bad?

I really don't know, I have never been one to make a lot of friends or make friends easily, people tend not to talk to me because I am pretty quiet and see me as too much work maybe.

When I do find an internet buddy they end up leaving after a few months as well.

I wish I had answers but I do know how you feel.

I'm pretty sure other people are loved and loved genuinely or at least treated well, even if only by a few. I've been talking to a girl online who mentioned the cupcake-filled surprise party her friends threw. No one's ever thrown me a surprise party, but they do enjoy surprise reveals of darker things.

What about her is so much better than me? I can't tell, except that she's more experienced in the fields I enjoy. We have the same sense of humor, the same outlook on life, the same interests, we even look a little similar.

Tiina63 said:
Pretty much the same for me as well.
How far away are your two offline friends moving? Would you be able to meet up with them once a month or so, or will they be too far away to make this possible?

One has finally solidified her plans to move to England and the other is returning to college a few hours away. It would be difficult to see the second, but not impossible.

Tealeaf Wrote:

I'm pretty sure other people are loved and loved genuinely or at least treated well, even if only by a few. I've been talking to a girl online who mentioned the cupcake-filled surprise party her friends threw. No one's ever thrown me a surprise party, but they do enjoy surprise reveals of darker things.

What about her is so much better than me? I can't tell, except that she's more experienced in the fields I enjoy. We have the same sense of humor, the same outlook on life, the same interests, we even look a little similar.

Yeah I know, I was wondering aloud really with what I wrote but I do notice things like you said above, cupcake parties stuff like that, and I also notice how important it is to them and if these things were to stop happening they would feel like they are missing out on something really important.

I never had that stuff growing up, in a sense it means little to me as I have never had it, now that doesn't mean I begrudge anyone who likes it and has it happen for them, that is great, but I just don't relate.

I think chemistry is the closest answer I can give you, we put out chemicals as such, when good stuff happens you feel good and have a positive aura about you, when bad stuff happens you have a negative vibe as such.

I can tell you that due to my upbringing I am not a happy go lucky carefree party type guy, I am a lot more serious, not depressed all the time, not a drag but more deep and more serious.

Perhaps it is that? Still wondering aloud but again I relate to what you are writing.

And yes when I first started seeing counselors they would tell me to join clubs be around people of the same interest etc and I still did't fit in, I didn't make friends in essence I may as well been around people who liked the very opposite of what I liked for all it mattered.

Again I am thinking it is a chemistry thing.

My War said:
Tealeaf Wrote:

Yeah I know, I was wondering aloud really with what I wrote but I do notice things like you said above, cupcake parties stuff like that, and I also notice how important it is to them and if these things were to stop happening they would feel like they are missing out on something really important.

I never had that stuff growing up, in a sense it means little to me as I have never had it, now that doesn't mean I begrudge anyone who likes it and has it happen for them, that is great, but I just don't relate.

I think chemistry is the closest answer I can give you, we put out chemicals as such, when good stuff happens you feel good and have a positive aura about you, when bad stuff happens you have a negative vibe as such.

I can tell you that due to my upbringing I am not a happy go lucky carefree party type guy, I am a lot more serious, not depressed all the time, not a drag but more deep and more serious.

Perhaps it is that? Still wondering aloud but again I relate to what you are writing.

And yes when I first started seeing counselors they would tell me to join clubs be around people of the same interest etc and I still did't fit in, I didn't make friends in essence I may as well been around people who liked the very opposite of what I liked for all it mattered.

Again I am thinking it is a chemistry thing.

Strangers tend to trust me with everything from their belongings to their personal problems, and several baristas decided to get on first-name terms with me. If I were giving off negative vibes and being a downer, I don't think they would do such a thing.

This is why it's so mysterious... No one has a solid answer. It can't be said that I'm usually in a bad mood, that I don't like to joke around, that I complain a lot in person, that I'm not open to being approached, that I don't stand up for myself, or anything like that. The girl I've been talking to was introduced to me by another online friend, and she thinks I seem surprisingly gregarious in chat even though I'm supposed to be shy (true years ago).

Lately I'm in a bad mood because I attract narcissists and other problematic types for friends, and... of course that makes someone unhappy. The narcissist, of course, is surrounded by people.

Strangers tend to trust me with everything from their belongings to their personal problems, and several baristas decided to get on first-name terms with me. If I were giving off negative vibes and being a downer, I don't think they would do such a thing.

This is why it's so mysterious... No one has a solid answer. It can't be said that I'm usually in a bad mood, that I don't like to joke around, that I complain a lot in person, that I'm not open to being approached, that I don't stand up for myself, or anything like that. The girl I've been talking to was introduced to me by another online friend, and she thinks I seem surprisingly gregarious in chat even though I'm supposed to be shy (true years ago).

Lately I'm in a bad mood because I attract narcissists and other problematic types for friends, and... of course that makes someone unhappy. The narcissist, of course, is surrounded by people.

Attracting the wrong people can happen, I hate being used as well.

In terms of the rest you do better than me, Barista's have never been on a first name basis with me!

I don't know, I have been curious about that my whole life as well, like I said I don't know if it's chemistry or something else, but as far as I can tell I'm not much different to many other people and yet I put people off somehow.

Latest posts

Back