Why do I find people so strange..?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
with some exceptions...

For the most part I find people so broken and damaged... there is very few of them that don't have some major problem. First, I truly am getting scared and upset.. I work with mostly older people and many many many of them have such memory problems that is is seriously concerning. Their memory problems cause frustration and anger and they really don't know what is happening.

A few years back my boss kept telling "lies" about me. They were lies. He would say x x and x happened. But, because, I remembered what did happen crystal clear... and he kept saying other things happened.. I had to presume he was lying. We went to war because what good does it do to do your job if someone says you aren't... but recently the same fight as broken out with someone else and from my POV now, I see that he really cannot remember the situation... accurately. So from his POV... he might not ever really understand what my war was about or why I don't like him... simply because he is addled.

But younger people(my age)... I find so strange and bizzare. Almost anything I think, they don't, even without any explanation. And when I think it would be rude or impolite to say or something they just plow right on through -- but, if I was to even so much as make a joke they would run off crying. For the most part I find them mentally unstable. Often seeming to have moods that fly left and right at the drop of a hat.

I feel like 90% of the people in this world are toxic to me in some way.. it could be me but so so often, it seems to be them.

Currently I have an intern at work and he is about 23. He is amazingly handsome and I tell you, I really really adore him. In a platonic, unless he wants it not to be (no kidding), way. First, he seems able to remember things .. and often surprises me with what he remembers. He had a tremendous capacity for kindness and an exuberance which isn't faked. Things just roll off his back like they are nothing -- just a total delight. Now I know you are thinking that he is sucking up but in no way is he directly reporting to me or I have any input in his grading. I just shuttle him around to places.

Not saying the younger generation is all horses and rainbows but for the most part they seem to be more.... reasonable.

I think you should know the people you talk to better (the younger ones, I mean). People have different standards for what's polite and what's rude and sometimes you have to adjust to keep things running smoothly. I know I have to adjust a lot. You might think everyone is strange, but I'm pretty sure everyone thinks you are strange, too. Everyone's different, we can learn how to roll with it. Or not, if so we choose.

About the older ones and their memory problems, I don't know what to tell you, really. I don't have any experience in that area, but I bid you good luck.

Everyone is unwell.

And it's not hard to see why. Think of how intricate and complex the "miracle" of reproduction/birth/life is. All these icky liquids and eggs at microscopic sizes fusing and fighting and thriving in optimal temperatures. fresia yeah, science!
With such a bizarre journey into sentient beings that have noses which smell invisible wafts and slimey fast moving squishy balls that do funny things with light so we can see, and considering once ejected from the womb we walk around without being plugged into the electricity socket or having a literal battery that needs recharging, on top of our species being well past its sell-by date and overdue a mass extinction, it's not hard to conclude that everyone on the planet is bat-honeysuckle crazy and riddled with obscurity.

To be alive at all is to be unwell, not just in the sense of suffering but what exactly are we composed of? Bacteria and stuff, eww! We are weird by design like self-aware mold on the cheese sandwich that is the Earth.

Haha sometimes I get in the mood to poke people slowly with a flexible stick on the face as if they were strange creatures to examine.

Not sure where I was going with this. I don't think I had a memory better than a goldfish to begin with. As I get older I just lose coherency.. I figure I'll just be a drooling mess that slaps people in ten years time between diaper changes.

Latest posts

Back