Another Lonely Post

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xaero

Reaction score
Lonely, depressed, and anxious again. Been thinking about my ex a lot lately. It was a short long distance relationship, lasting only about six months. Last August we spent a week together. It was the only time we got to be with each other in person but it was the greatest week of my entire life. I got to experience so much that I had never experienced before: love, affection, no stress, no loneliness, the beach, and so much more.

For once in my life I wasn't sad, my mind wasn't in the usual state of seemingly perpetual chaos and distress. The war that is waged in my head every second of every day ceased to exist for that moment in time. For once I wasn't anywhere near that gloomy marred battlefield.

We left on an amicable note, and we briefly talked on and off every now and then via text. Rarely now though. Moving on is what's needed. We weren't right for each other. I didn't dwell much on the relationship or the trip after we parted ways. But lately it feels as if it just happened. The sights, smells and feelings feel freshly branded on my mind. I suppose this is to be expected when such an experience is the only happy, wholesome memory you have--flaws and all, during a stressful and depressing period. A happy place if you will.

I've been extra stressed out and lonely lately because I have plans to move to Seattle sometime in September. Need to get away from the depressing, toxic life I have here. I only know one person in Seattle. We're online friends for now. I shouldn't feel lonely; I've been alone my entire life. I guess it's the reality of being away from familiar faces.

Sometimes I feel like I'm coming undone. I don't have anyone to talk to besides my therapist, who I only get to see twice a month (IF I'm lucky--usually it's only once) for a 45 minute therapy session (which realistically only ends up being ~38 minutes long). I've talked about having my sessions extended but it's not a current possibility. Maybe I should find another or secondary therapist, but I really don't feel like starting completely over again with someone new. Sometimes I feel like saying fresia it to therapy. I'm too screwed up to be helped, especially at the measly 38 minute sessions per month I currently have.

I thought I'd come here to vent. Maybe this post would be better suited as a journal entry, but maybe someone out there can relate. I wish I had someone to talk to. Someone who's a constant instead of a variable.

Wish I could help, but all I can say is that I know how you feel.

xaero said:
Lonely, depressed, and anxious again. Been thinking about my ex a lot lately. It was a short long distance relationship, lasting only about six months. Last August we spent a week together. It was the only time we got to be with each other in person but it was the greatest week of my entire life. I got to experience so much that I had never experienced before: love, affection, no stress, no loneliness, the beach, and so much more.

For once in my life I wasn't sad, my mind wasn't in the usual state of seemingly perpetual chaos and distress. The war that is waged in my head every second of every day ceased to exist for that moment in time. For once I wasn't anywhere near that gloomy marred battlefield.

We left on an amicable note, and we briefly talked on and off every now and then via text. Rarely now though. Moving on is what's needed. We weren't right for each other. I didn't dwell much on the relationship or the trip after we parted ways. But lately it feels as if it just happened. The sights, smells and feelings feel freshly branded on my mind. I suppose this is to be expected when such an experience is the only happy, wholesome memory you have--flaws and all, during a stressful and depressing period. A happy place if you will.

I've been extra stressed out and lonely lately because I have plans to move to Seattle sometime in September. Need to get away from the depressing, toxic life I have here. I only know one person in Seattle. We're online friends for now. I shouldn't feel lonely; I've been alone my entire life. I guess it's the reality of being away from familiar faces.

Sometimes I feel like I'm coming undone. I don't have anyone to talk to besides my therapist, who I only get to see twice a month (IF I'm lucky--usually it's only once) for a 45 minute therapy session (which realistically only ends up being ~38 minutes long). I've talked about having my sessions extended but it's not a current possibility. Maybe I should find another or secondary therapist, but I really don't feel like starting completely over again with someone new. Sometimes I feel like saying fresia it to therapy. I'm too screwed up to be helped, especially at the measly 38 minute sessions per month I currently have.

I thought I'd come here to vent. Maybe this post would be better suited as a journal entry, but maybe someone out there can relate. I wish I had someone to talk to. Someone who's a constant instead of a variable.

I sort of feel you. Read my post and you'll see my problems. If you need a chat PM me. I can be here for how ever long anybody needs me.

Oh my, I can really feel for you. I have never been in a relationship. I don't even know how wonderful it feels to experience affection, love from your lover. So I can't relate to that well but you put your feelings into words in an outstanding way. I'm glad you're moving to a different place. Staying at the same place can not make much difference. Sometimes you just gotta breakaway. You're only 22. Someday, soon, you will find your perfect love and that will last for your lifetime. I will pray to Lord God to help you meet loyal friends and romantic love. You path has crossed you ex girlfriend for sometime. It seems, the brief time you spent with her touched your heart deeply. I assume it was a precious moment in your life, making you feel what life is worth for. Even though it did not last long, think that as a gift. I can relate to your loneliness. Loneliness is devastating. The god may have sent her to enlighten up your world, because the god felt your emotional pain and chaos. You're not with her right now. Everything has a reason behind. You and your ex girlfriend probably had a faith to be together for a brief time. Now you ought to make better changes in your life. Lead your life way up to clouds up there. At there you will find your perfect love. Only time and effort will reveal the truth. If you want to talk to me. PM me. We may have so much in common and lots to discuss.

When I moved out of the toxic environment I lived in for a long time, it was a mixed experience. I didn't move far, but there's always the chance of seeing something brand-new as threatening because you can't really predict what you're going to find there or how it's going to wind up affecting you. People, stores, buses, birds, but what kinds? Will you like them? Will you adapt?

I think the best part was that it was a chance to mentally "start over". Waking up every day to the same stimuli pounded into your head to reassure you that you're in the same, shitty situation is depressing. With those removed you can wake up every day to a new bedroom wall, to new sounds outside your window, and eat a new breakfast in a new spot.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I still feel pretty lonely and depressed though, which is causing me to think about my ex and that week with her. I feel like those happy memories are all I have :/

xaero said:
Thanks for the responses everyone. I still feel pretty lonely and depressed though, which is causing me to think about my ex and that week with her. I feel like those happy memories are all I have :/

Not surprising. The mind doesn't do well when it's constantly exposed to stress and unpleasantness, and escapism is popular for a reason. Some people turn to video games. Some turn to nostalgia.

I do play video games (I have 302 on Steam), but I still think about it, especially when I'm out enjoying the summer weather :/. And now that August is next month (the same month I visited her) the memories are becoming increasingly more frequent and vivid.

I know the feeling too.

You have good memories of your lover. and thats good. it's better than bad ones, not to make light of your situation but at least it ended well. hopefully you will meet someone else that will end your misery of lonliness.
hey I hope you don't mind me PMing you

I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust anyone again after all the failed friendships I've had. People seem to come and go on a whim. I'm nothing but kind and caring to them. I do try to talk about my problems with them though. That's probably why they eventually stop talking to me, because it's inconvenient for them. That's the only thing I can think of.

Latest posts

Back