New and looking for friends to chat. : )

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garlfin22

Reaction score
Am a 41-year-old Aussie chick looking for anyone interested in chatting online. In a great relationship and work hard at a great job now, but lost almost ALL my friends during a severe illness, and really, my confidence to make new ones. I don't even know how to do it any more I think lol -- lost my friendship mojo a little. Think I was just so shocked at my friends' response to an illness that rather lost my faith in people. Anyway, I work in law and am doing my PhD in English lit -- love reading and movies. Enjoy going to cult films and movies across the spectrum. Also love the sex pistols : )
Probably moving to UK within the next year so UKers welcome, but happy to chat to anybody with genuine interest! Love talking politics and religion so anyone from atheists to Christians are welcome too : )
J

Hi J! You'll find quite a lot of people from the UK on the forums. Do you have any idea where you will settle when you finally arrive?

Ooooh, politics! Usually when I talk about anything political, people inexplicably fall asleep. Funny, that. I have interests outside of politics, of course, but I very rarely get to utter out the word 'politics' without being told to 'shad ap'.

But yeah, send a PM my way if you're ever looking for a chat or something!

rivermaze said:
Hi J! You'll find quite a lot of people from the UK on the forums. Do you have any idea where you will settle when you finally arrive?

Hey, thanks for replying : ) only two people replied! We don't know where yet, but I'd put money on it being in the London area. But we'll go wherever the jobs take us. Pretty excited though. But as I have Irish citizenship we're also concerned about grumbling re UK leaving the European union. That would be a disaster for us. Think am going to start learning French anyway, just in case lol.

Howdy! I love discussing, well, just about anything. I am from the states, Michigan to be exact. PM me to talk about what ever you like. Hope to hear from you.

If you want an instant chat, try the ALL chat room. There are lots of people in there ready to talk.

Nicolelt said:
If you want an instant chat, try the ALL chat room. There are lots of people in there ready to talk.

McGill+medical+lecture+theatre.png

Ready for you garlfin!

Hi Garlfin, welcome to the forum :)

what you say about friends and illness, I had just the same experience, and still can't explain it with any explanation that makes sense

Peaches said:
Hi Garlfin, welcome to the forum :)

what you say about friends and illness, I had just the same experience, and still can't explain it with any explanation that makes sense

Sorry to hear you had the same experience and thanks for ur input : ) What kind of illness did you have?

Hiya Garlfin -yes I know what you mean (bit late on this thread BTW I know!). I left a job & realised all my `friends` were actually just work acquaintances who I no longer had anything in common with. I'm from UK - quite interested in politics/religion too, but can get a bit `intense` at times! Feel free to pm me anytime...

Hi

You sound really awesome, happy to chat on video skype too

I am also from Australia

I recently recovered from a chronic illness so all friend ready...

S

Four_in_the_morning said:
Hi

You sound really awesome, happy to chat on video skype too

I am also from Australia

I recently recovered from a chronic illness so all friend ready...

S
Oh, I hadn't read this but I just replied to ur thread by coincidence lol. Good to hear from another Aussie. Some scary honeysuckle going down here at moment hey. Will send a PM. J

Pyrfancier said:
Hiya Garlfin -yes I know what you mean (bit late on this thread BTW I know!). I left a job & realised all my `friends` were actually just work acquaintances who I no longer had anything in common with. I'm from UK - quite interested in politics/religion too, but can get a bit `intense` at times! Feel free to pm me anytime...

Cool, will PM soon : ) Glad to hear from you. J

Latest posts

Back