Afraid to make a move

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
here is my story, There is this girl who used to be my ex-classmate, we didin't talk much at that time, i just help her with couple of tests, that was for a whole semester. then I went back home for 2 months, and there was that day, I sent her a Snapchat ( an APP ) because my SIM card was off, asked about how her summer going? she replayed we kept talking for hours. Then the next day she Snapped me and we kept talking for hours, and now we've been talking over a month almost everyday or so, and it turned out we'll be taking another class together. I flirted with her a lot, and sometimes she will be like " you're too nice" , " you're funny " and stuff like that and she said she's glad we're having the same class together and told me " you better sit by me " and I think I like her and I told her once " you're a likable girl "

I don't wanna push anything because If it didn't work, its gonna be awkward when we're in the same class and I dont wanna make any move now because I'm still back home. I'll be there in 25 days though.

i'm 21 and she's 19

If I were in your shoes, I would ask her out. It seems like you are in a good position to go out with her, even if it turns out to be just as friends.
I say take a chance. You two seem to be getting along fantastic. It could turn out swell.

VeganAtheist said:
If I were in your shoes, I would ask her out. It seems like you are in a good position to go out with her, even if it turns out to be just as friends.
I say take a chance. You two seem to be getting along fantastic. It could turn out swell.
Thanks for your advice, I think that's the only option to know and not being in doubt.

Moe said:
Hi everyone,
here is my story, There is this girl who used to be my ex-classmate, we didin't talk much at that time, i just help her with couple of tests, that was for a whole semester. then I went back home for 2 months, and there was that day, I sent her a Snapchat ( an APP ) because my SIM card was off, asked about how her summer going? she replayed we kept talking for hours. Then the next day she Snapped me and we kept talking for hours, and now we've been talking over a month almost everyday or so, and it turned out we'll be taking another class together. I flirted with her a lot, and sometimes she will be like " you're too nice" , " you're funny " and stuff like that and she said she's glad we're having the same class together and told me " you better sit by me " and I think I like her and I told her once " you're a likable girl "

I don't wanna push anything because If it didn't work, its gonna be awkward when we're in the same class and I dont wanna make any move now because I'm still back home. I'll be there in 25 days though.

i'm 21 and she's 19

don't over think it. Don't worry about 'pushing anything', Don't worry about what could happen if she turns you down. Just ask her out if you want to.

Good luck !

I agree with the other comments, I think you should ask her out. I know personally I wouldn't say those things to a guy if I wasn't interested in him romantically, and you will just be agonising over this for the next 25 days if you don't ask.
You just need to know where you stand with her and that's the only way you can find out really.

I wish you the best! :)

Triple Bogey said:
Moe said:
Hi everyone,

i'm 21 and she's 19

don't over think it. Don't worry about 'pushing anything', Don't worry about what could happen if she turns you down. Just ask her out if you want to.

Good luck !
Thanks! I appreciate your help :D

Littlesecret said:
I agree with the other comments, I think you should ask her out. I know personally I wouldn't say those things to a guy if I wasn't interested in him romantically, and you will just be agonising over this for the next 25 days if you don't ask.
You just need to know where you stand with her and that's the only way you can find out really.

I wish you the best! :)

I randomly said that we can go to the movies sometimes and chill and stuff like that, she was like" okay " that would be fun. And I think she might be shy so I don't wanna freak her out, at least until I get there lol.

Thanks again!

Ask her out! You've got nothing to lose! Of course, don't get overconfident, but reading your first post... You definitely stand a chance.

PieBeNice said:
Moe said:
who used to be my ex-classmate

I don't understand this part. They aren't longer your ex-classmate?

I met her in Calculus 1 class, then it turned out we're having the same section in Calculus 2 next semester

Rainbows said:
PieBeNice said:
Moe said:
who used to be my ex-classmate

I don't understand this part. They aren't longer your ex-classmate?

He stole this from me but this is my question too.
answered:D

I would go for it, you have nothing to lose. Let us know how it goes, I love happy endings. I just went through something similiar right now. And to my surprise, she said yes.....so I love happy endings :)

Latest posts

Back