Is it possible to contact this girl via facebook without it bieng creepy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wind Fish

Reaction score
I met this girl at a tennis club I started going to three weeks go, she's a student doing a course very relevant to the area of work I'm in. She was keen to talk to me (more than anyone else there at least) though it was hard to say if there was anything there. I had hoped to talk to her a bit more and ask her out last week but she didn't show up and the club isn't running again till next summer.

The only thing I could do now is friend her on facebook and try to talk to her but the only reason I know her surname is that she posted a comment a year ago on the clubs mostly unused facebook page which I doubt most people look at.

I am therefore curios if it would seem creepy that I was able to find her?

I was thinking of sending a polite message with the invite (to say nice talking to you, would be nice if we could stay in touch etc) so should I also should briefly mention where I saw her profile or would that only draw attention to it being odd that I found her profile?

And how's it best to go about using facebook for this (assuming she's single), I've seen some advice on the internet but a lot aimed at messaging people you've barley met which probably doesn't work most of the time and requires you to wait a month or two before meeting. I'm wandering whether it could be at all appropriate to ask her tow meet up after a week or two or whether my best bet would be to take it slowly and maybe try to look elsewhere to find someone in the meantime?

Thanks

I'd say go for it! If there's no other ways to get in contact with her you'll probably regret it if you don't try. If I got a message like that from someone I'd feel flattered that I left him a good impression and he wanted to get in contact with me. If you're polite and she rejects you, she's probably not a very nice person anyway.

I cannot help you with the questions regarding asking her out. We're all different and react differently. I'm just one of those girls that gives people chances as long as they seem like good people. So personally I wouldn't mind if a guy asked me out shortly after we had met. But I know all girls aren't like that so I'd just say do whatever you feel most comfortable with :)

The first step is contact right? She has to accept your friendship if memory serves...sorry maybe fb users can give you the correct answer. If she doesn't "friend" you, then well, you have some answer to her interest. Something like "Hi, we met at the tennis club and I saw you were on fb, thought I'd say hello" or something subtle like that doesn't sound creepy to me. At that point, you can see how it progresses right?

Yeah, you should go for it, though you also should pay attention to her reactions. If she doesn't friend you, it's not smart to contact her again, for example. On a brighter note, it's great that you have something in common, that can be a great conversation starter if she's up to knowing you better.

I would say go for it as well. Let us know what happens and good luck!!

As long as you are also a member of that FB group, I'd say have at it. It's not like you were stalking her or anything like that, you found her in a mutual group you are both a member of. :)

I agree with what the others have said, try sending that friend request & see how it goes, you'll never know if you don't try.

Facebook is just a very easy way of asking somebody out on a date.
My last girlfriend, I just sent a little message ('do you fancy a coffee is my favourite line') and she agreed.
I have been knocked back a few times as well.

Latest posts

Back