Going to church just to be around people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob1

Reaction score
Does anybody do this go to church just to be around people I do ?s

I would like to note I have no friends I'm 18 I play golf study my GED but I have people I talk to I'm not lonely I look at loneliness a time for self improvement and if you don't do it it's cuz your lazy? Does any agree and go to church just to be around some people and have so much time on there hands

Your posts are always extremely hard to read because of the many grammatical errors and your refusal to use punctuation. I just thought you would want to know.

Jacob1 said:

I would like to note I have no friends I'm 18 I play golf study my GED but I have people I talk to I'm not lonely I look at loneliness a time for self improvement and if you don't do it it's cuz your lazy? Does any agree and go to church just to be around some people and have so much time on there hands

I used to. But it's just a waste of time, because people there aren't honest about what they want with you. I don't see the advantage on going to a place where you have to endure hours of bullshit just to talk to people for like 2~3 minutes before the preaching start (even though you know that they're talking to you mostly because they have to).

I had been a christian for almost 7 years and believe me, if you don't truly believe in what they're telling you, the sooner you get out this the better.

You don't have to go to church just to find and meet people though. Trying gaming centra etc?

I agree with Rainbows. If you are looking to be around people, church probably isn't the best option. Unless you get get really involved in the church and volunteer and help out, it is unlikely you will meet a lot of people.

Rosebolt said:
Jacob1 said:
I look at loneliness a time for self improvement and if you don't do it it's cuz your lazy?

Shots fired! ><

Well, he's not completely wrong, but he's not completely right either. Some are lazy, yes. But others are afraid, they may not realize it, but when it gets down to it, they are.

^^^Now that you mention volunteering...

...that's a great way to meet people while doing something good and productive for society or your community. Try volunteering with a pet shelter, soup kitchen, etc.

Badjedidude said:

...that's a great way to meet people while doing something good and productive for society or your community. Try volunteering with a pet shelter, soup kitchen, etc.

+1

Jacob1 said:

Honestly I don't believe that would be a sensible thing to do. Some people might feel offended if they found out you went there just for that.

And anyhow, as someone else said, there are better places for that. Also IMO, you should try (if it's possible) to go to places where people with more similar interests to yours gather.

As a final remark, all in all I personally see nothing wrong with what you do.

Volunteering is an excellent way to both meet people and do some good!
I wouldn't worry about feeling guilty going to church. As an Ex Christian, I've seen that people only go to church for pot Lucks, gossip and judging people.

kamya said:
Your posts are always extremely hard to read because of the many grammatical errors and your refusal to use punctuation. I just thought you would want to know.

Does anybody else agree with kamya I won't be offended ? I'd like to know cause I can attempt to stop this?

Rosebolt said:
Jacob1 said:
I look at loneliness a time for self improvement and if you don't do it it's cuz your lazy?

Shots fired! ><

Lol shot fired lol your hilarious man!!!

Jacob1 said:
kamya said:

Does anybody else agree with kamya I won't be offended ? I'd like to know cause I can attempt to stop this?

Being totally honest.....I agree with him.

TheRealCallie said:
I agree with Rainbows. If you are looking to be around people, church probably isn't the best option. Unless you get get really involved in the church and volunteer and help out, it is unlikely you will meet a lot of people.

Rosebolt said:
Jacob1 said:

Shots fired! ><

Well, he's not completely wrong, but he's not completely right either. Some are lazy, yes. But others are afraid, they may not realize it, but when it gets down to it, they are.

Thank you for your comment how are they afraid? See in mind I can't understand this . Also is my grammer a problem? Am I hard to understand ?

Badjedidude said:

Yes I agree very much! That's a great way. Also am I hard to understand like kamya said? I want everybody's opinion.

the_ice_man said:
Volunteering is an excellent way to both meet people and do some good!
I wouldn't worry about feeling guilty going to church. As an Ex Christian, I've seen that people only go to church for pot Lucks, gossip and judging people.

Thank you for your post you've all help me out so much.

ladyforsaken said:
Badjedidude said:

+1

Hey lady am I hard to understand like kamya said I will not be offended I just want your opinion?

TheRealCallie said:
Jacob1 said:
kamya said:

Being totally honest.....I agree with him.

Thanks for your honesty. Language arts is very hard for me, it's the only subject I'm failing.

I agree with RealCallie that church is probably not the best place to meet people. As CHSlater said, you have to sit through the service for maybe a few minutes of conversation with someone at the end over coffee. And some churches unfortunately take a very long time to warm to and to accept a newcomer as well, which can make a lonely person feel even lonelier. I wouldn't feel guilty, though, for going to church simply to be with people, as churches are full of people who have different needs and who go there for a wide variety of reasons. I go out socially to be with people and to get out of the four walls, otherwise I would go crazy being in alone.

Jacob1 said:
Hey lady am I hard to understand like kamya said I will not be offended I just want your opinion?

Truthfully speaking, yes I agree with kamya.

It would definitely be easier to read your posts if you could use some punctuation... I always feel like I am reading your posts all in one breath cos of the lack of commas or fullstops.

ladyforsaken said:
Jacob1 said:

Truthfully speaking, yes I agree with kamya.

It would definitely be easier to read your posts if you could use some punctuation... I always feel like I am reading your posts all in one breath cos of the lack of commas or fullstops.

Thanks lady for your opinion. You definitely help me out! Ill try to use better punctuation,but it will still be kinda iffy for me. Ill work on it though. Is my punctuation better in this post lady?

Thanks everyone for real self improvement is what I like.

Jacob1 said:
Thanks lady for your opinion. You definitely help me out! Ill try to use better punctuation,but it will still be kinda iffy for me. Ill work on it though. Is my punctuation better in this post lady?

That is so much better! Not that difficult, right? Keep it up!

ladyforsaken said:
Jacob1 said:

That is so much better! Not that difficult, right? Keep it up!

I will thanks lady.

If you're a believer, I think it's ok to go to church to meet people. I have many devout friends, family members and coworkers whose entire social spheres consist of people in their churches. I can't think of a downside of a believer going to church to meet people. There are a number of suburban evangelical mega-churches in my area with groups for singles, moms, dads, teenagers, coffee-drinkers - you name it. The whole purpose of those groups is to bring people together to meet other people.

But if you're not a believer (like me), there are plenty of other organizations to join where you can meet people.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
If you're a believer, I think it's ok to go to church to meet people. I have many devout friends, family members and coworkers whose entire social spheres consist of people in their churches. I can't think of a downside of a believer going to church to meet people. There are a number of suburban evangelical mega-churches in my area with groups for singles, moms, dads, teenagers, coffee-drinkers - you name it. The whole purpose of those groups is to bring people together to meet other people.

But if you're not a believer (like me), there are plenty of other organizations to join where you can meet people.

-Teresa

Yeah like free masons

Latest posts

Back