A waste of time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinTrevize

Reaction score
Recently, my brain has re-programmed itself and I am unsure whether relationships are of interest any more.

It may be based on my opinion of myself but either way I am struggling to get past the idea that when a relationship ends it's difficult to see past the time that was spent making it work which could have been used elsewhere.

I know this is a negative outlook and it's not entirely how I think all the time but I wondered if others shared the sentiment from time to time?

Just think of your old relationships as lessons, and you've learned. Experiences are valuable.

I think that this is a natural way to think when a relationship ends badly. It is self protection, a 'do I want this sort of pain again' sort of thing.

I prefer been single, I like my freedom. I don't want to get involved with somebody who will treat me badly.
I hate the stress of it all.
That will only change if I meet somebody who is very special.

RobinTrevize said:
Recently, my brain has re-programmed itself and I am unsure whether relationships are of interest any more.

It may be based on my opinion of myself but either way I am struggling to get past the idea that when a relationship ends it's difficult to see past the time that was spent making it work which could have been used elsewhere.

I know this is a negative outlook and it's not entirely how I think all the time but I wondered if others shared the sentiment from time to time?

I think you could apply this same thinking to any of life's endeavors that does not succeed like we had hoped. We can choose to think that our time has been wasted, or we can choose to see the value in the experience learned and vow to make the next endeavor better than ever. It's a simple choice. One leads to growth and the other to stagnation. It's better to be positive, see the past as a learning experience, and have hope for the future.

It's very difficult to explain the way my brain works. :S Regardless of whether those experiences can be used for my own benefit. I understand using them as a learning curve it's just hard to see past it sometimes.

It's an odd one. But thank you for reading this and helping. :)

Lilith said:
Just think of your old relationships as lessons, and you've learned. Experiences are valuable.

This. In my opinion, not a waste of time, because you gain experiences and lessons to be learned.

View the previous relationships as experiences...just don't get bitter and think too much of the women you've been with otherwise it is a waste of time as that experience is overshadowed by the negatives..I cant really remember some of the more useful experiences because of this.

Latest posts

Back