Ahh look at all the loney people...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
I really see a lot of loneliness around... and I wish I knew why... but I don't. I actually think it is getting worse but I am not sure why.

• I feel like the biggest obsticle is fear, but why are we more fearful now than before
- internet, global tv, pointing out crazy things that people do every single day. When the world was smaller we wouldn't know about it and we would be less afraid.
- I feel like people are more mean / toxic. I think this is a combination of something environmental, economic, and also, generational. The baby boomers are the dominate force now and their mantra was the "me" generation.

Why else do you think it is getting worse, if you do?

Social media and technology. People can sit behind a computer or their phones and have real time conversations without having to actually speak or go anywhere.

1. People move around more now. In the past, many people were born, grew up and died in one area so knew their neighbours from the word go. And familes were often larger as well, despite the high rate of infant mortality, so people had a ready support network behind them.
2. The high value placed on individualism and independence by society is another factor. It can be hard to admit to not liking your
'freedom.'
3. I agree that fear is a big reason as well.

Sci-Fi said:
Social media and technology. People can sit behind a computer or their phones and have real time conversations without having to actually speak or go anywhere.

People no longer have conversations. They just send really short texts. Try to have a conversation with someone and they will block you.

blackdot said:
Sci-Fi said:

People no longer have conversations. They just send really short texts. Try to have a conversation with someone and they will block you.

Some, maybe. Not everyone. I won't block you if you try to have a conversation with me, at least.

ladyforsaken said:
blackdot said:
Sci-Fi said:

Some, maybe. Not everyone. I won't block you if you try to have a conversation with me, at least.

Neither would I. I hold no grudes against anybody in particular.

As I already said before... Humans are a disease. Our technology is already destroying us and the planet, but just wait... Prepare for World War 3, pehaps we'll destroy ourselves more in this World War, with all the Nukes...

the nuclear family who gives birth to a single child - the notion that a person living alone is normal instead of an alienation - big cities and the loss of the tribes

blackdot said:
Sci-Fi said:

Agree, no one is keen to talk, everything today is INSTANT. How do you talk to someone when you dont get to know a person? And whats this hullabulla about going out and partying? Been there done that....it sucks from the word GO. Do real people exist? Or do people wish to hide behind the facade they have created? Are we lonely or have we realised that being lonely is being happy with yourself?

Sorry it may have sounded like a rant....however i do believe that everyone is truly alone...some are good at hiding ....and some like us ....have accepted our reality. Its like achieving Nirvana

Latest posts

Back