Dreaming

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilith

Reaction score
Sometimes when I get vivid dreams and I wake up, I get confused later. Later on, I can't tell whether it really happened or it happened in my dream, especially when the dream consists of a person's opinion of something. I think I'm going crazy.

It happens sometimes, I think it's normal if not constantly confusing.
Sometimes I confuse old Dreams with memories, nothing serious if you are not losing grip on reality.

I have had the same thing happen to me. Am still trying to remember if I dreamt about a certain bookshop or if it really existed.

My dreams get all twisted from things I've been watching online.

I wake up confused too, it's not going crazy just takes time for the brain to get back to normal.

This happens to me as well, takes time to sort whats real. There was a time when dreams were impacting my well being, rest, sanity, etc. And I was told I could take medication to stop dreaming. I didn't ! But apparently it is an option !

Interesting, DVEEUS :) to clarify my original... the meds are to aid in not remembering or not knowing you are dreaming which is still a very strange notion to me, since I have always had bizarre vivid dreams. It is also mind boggling to me that there are people that do not remember their dreams or say they do not have dreams!

Lilith said:
Sometimes when I get vivid dreams and I wake up, I get confused later. Later on, I can't tell whether it really happened or it happened in my dream, especially when the dream consists of a person's opinion of something. I think I'm going crazy.

Haha, I know what you mean.

I don't think I get vivid dreams like that, but sometimes when I dream about a specific person and I see them the next day I get a confusing feeling like I don't know weather it's happened or not.

Does anyone on ALL suffer from sleep paralysis?
I've had this since I was very young, but it occurs much more frequently nowadays. According to scientific statistics, adults who experience recurring sleep paralysis are "rare (lucky me, I hit the jackpot...)
For those who are not familiar with the term, it identifies the sleep state when your brain is awake, but your body is still "asleep". The body and brain are out of synch. It can occur when you start to fall asleep or upon waking.
Movement of limbs, trying to speak, etc. is next to impossible. Sometimes, it feels like there is another presence in the room (I used to have the monster type nightmares when I was a kid). It can last from a minute to several minutes. Sometimes I can wake myself out of it by forcing my mind to think of something analytical, but usually, I try to fight it.
Then, I wake up feeling exhausted.

^used to have it, but haven't had it in ages (thank goodness).
I can remember trying like crazy to roll myself off the bed or couch, or trying to call for someone but apparently not having the strength to call loudly enough so that anyone would hear me (was I even saying ANYTHING?) It was always a very uncomfortable feeling but all you can do is try to go back to deep sleep to find some peace.

Latest posts

Back