Inyah face!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alma lost her spoon

Reaction score
I like that I'm open & honest & straightforward, I don't really know how else to be & I'm not about to try to pretend I'm something I'm not to make myself more palatable.

That said, I'm sometimes aware that I can be a bit full on, & a lot of the time it's probably the case without me even realising.

I often can't see where the 'line' is, at times the line doesn't seem to exist at all for me.

What you see is what you get, I can't play games, I don't/wont hide my feelings.

I have managed to make a series of personal refinements along the way, I no longer am a slave to my temper for example so I can learn to draw my horns in somewhat but I don't want to lose who I am.

I've never completely fit in anywhere & I'm good with that, I'm lucky enough to have good friends that accept me for who I am & seem to be able to deal with the part of me that makes others shy away.

I'm left wondering though about emotional relationships, I'm beginning to wonder if there can be someone out there that wont be frightened off or worn out by how intensely I share of myself.

There must be others out there like me, I'm surely not that abnormal?

Well, I just spent 20 minutes typing out a response and then decided to delete it. Let's just say that I too am intense and open about my thoughts and feelings, but the problem with that is that others find it either:

A. Scary
B. Exhausting
C. Both

This inevitably leads to others distancing themselves from me.

If they do stick around, then one of 2 things happens. They don't have my strength of will and I watch as their spirit is slowly crushed. They are just as strong as I am and it leads to a tumultuous and turbulent relationship that ends with us hating each other.

The fact that I completely lack social skills doesn't help either.

I'm much the same way. People either love me or hate me, there really isn't any in between for me. lol
I say what I want and I really don't care what others think...well, except the very few places I feel I have to censor myself for bullshit reasons. However, that said, I have tamed it down quite a bit (mainly because the anger issues are gone now).

Personally, I have always had the outlook that if someone can't accept me, as I am, and get to know me, I don't need or want them in my life. I'm not all hardass *****, but well, as I said, love or hate, some people can't get past the the hardass part of me to get to know ALL of me.

I am quite similar myself.
I've been rejected as too opinionated for stating how I feel.
To me,there is no hidden agenda from which I operate. Most ladies see it otherwise.
I am also guilty of wearing my heart on my sleeve. No, I do not fall for someone immediately, it takes me a lot of time to feel comfy in that regard.
But ,once I do, I fall. Hard. And now I cannot get back on my feet even after two years.

Thanks for taking the time to post you guyz-I appreciate it.

I think I learned very early on that in order to simply survive in the world I had to not care too much what others thought of me & that is a part of it.

Callie, I agree with you completely that if people can't accept me for who I am then they aren't the people to have in my life

However, there's something else going on with all this, something about the intensity of my energy, parts of my soul that when a person gets close enough to me(& for me that can happen fast) are revealed & they can't handle it. I don't think I could hide who I am even if I did want to try(note to self:don't play poker for money! lol).

I chatted on the phone with my sister last night about this, this morning she'd posted me this on my faceplace....

mp6b4sq

I doubt it's 'maturity' that people lack, I'm not sure what the hell it is but I sure would like to know!

For some people, I think it is the maturity, but they don't want REAL, they want what they want. Whether that's in words or actions and people like us aren't really equipped provide that.

For example, my brother doesn't want to hear how his wife is a stupid, whoring, word I can't say here that is only using him for what he can give her, so he cuts out those who talk bad of her and sticks with people that are too afraid to tell him the truth.

Latest posts

Back