Another desirable girl, another fail?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
So once again my eyes have met with another beauty. I feel energised and happy to feel passion again...I thought I left all that behind! Our eyes met several times and she smiled. Oh man her smile, my heart was like :club:

I feel confident with my chances this time. Although I can't help feel in the back of my mind "not gonna happen" or "she ain't interested". These inner thoughts aren't entirely unjustified either; I really have no clue how to get with girls, it just sort of happened in the past with little effort on my part, just being myself. And no, she isn't out of my league, I've pulled some lookers in my time. My question is how do I get past those self defeating thoughts :(, and how do I even begin to 'win her over'? :)

To elaborate, she is in one of my classes at uni, once a week and only for the first semester (unless by chance she is in a same class in semester 2). This is also my final year so the long game may not suffice here. I hate using terms like 'win her over' and 'the long game' but I am frankly still thinking of her smile to come up with better synonyms.

This feels different too, I want to do it right this time. This new found passion is precious to me and I don't want to look back thinking 'I wish I tried'. I've felt really happy these last months and come to terms with loving myself and my life; I have concrete plans and ambitions and know I will succeed in life eventually. When I saw her, I just started thinking I wanted someone to share such a good life with.

I would really appreciate some sort of step by step of things to do to help me, some good advice, you know?

You push past them, because they're just thoughts. They can hold you back, but they don't influence the external world. Whatever is, is.

Awesome that you found another person that you would like you spend your life with. Have you two spoke yet?

I honestly don't think there is a step by step method for relationships. There are a few things to keep in mind though. Don't lie and don't have 'expectations.'

A lot of the times when things don't work out it is because of differences in beliefs and values. Here in the US we just had Veteran's Day. One person in the relationship can have strong feelings for those serving in the armed forces, and that person's partner would usually value armed forces as well. Let me tell you, values don't change overnight. Another thing is compromising. Say you want your own children and your potential partner does not. There is no middle ground here (except for you knocking someone else up, but that defeats your dream of wanting children with your partner). So what do you do in this case? You throwing your dream away and no have kids of your own because you love her? or should she throw away her fear and have kids with you because she loves you? (minus all those situations where it poses a health risk).

What I'm trying to say is... it's not YOU all the time when something doesn't work out.

My advice would be to just approach her and try talking normally, maybe about class or anything... just some idle talk. And try not to worry, just be natural. Don't talk to her thinking whatever you say will be wrong or fearing you'll screw up. Be calm and talk about whatever really. And you don't actually need to talk for a long time. Even a short talk will suffice. You're lucky in that you share a class, so you have more than one chance to approach her. I'm not saying to drag things out a lot.

Well, summing up, I'd say to just try and strike up a conversation, even if short. Next time it could be longer, right?

Yes, dial it back a bit - imagining this girl as your future mate is nice and cozy, but highly unrealistic at this stage.
Just be casual . The last thing you should ever do is "lovebomb" someone during the initial meeting stages.

Dear-_-Tragedy said:
My question is how do I get past those self defeating thoughts :(

How to get past self-defeating thoughts? Prescription medications, legally obtained to overcome unbalanced brain chemistry. Or, practice being in situations where you overcome these thoughts.

Dear-_-Tragedy said:
I would really appreciate some sort of step by step of things to do to help me, some good advice, you know?

Start by saying "Hi." Talk to her. Make her smile. Make her laugh. Make her laugh again. Be confident. Be suave. Be the guy she's been dreaming of all of her life. Make her feel wanted and needed. Make her feel like she's royalty. Make her fall in love with you. Make her feel that you are the only one in the world for her. If you do this, then you will get the girl.

Easy. Right?

I am always good at having conversations with girls but it never really goes further because I lack the initiative. As for the self defeating thoughts, I'm already taking anti-depressants. These thougths are very distant and quieter than they used to be.

I just feel like time is running out and it is half term in monday for a week so I won't really see her for a while. Although I am quite friendly with her friend, I added her on facebook and we are going out on monday night with a group of people and I think the girl I like is going too. Clubs aren't really a good environment for trying it on though is it?

Dear-_-Tragedy said:
So once again my eyes have met with another beauty. I feel energised and happy to feel passion again...I thought I left all that behind! Our eyes met several times and she smiled. Oh man her smile, my heart was like :club:

I feel confident with my chances this time. Although I can't help feel in the back of my mind "not gonna happen" or "she ain't interested". These inner thoughts aren't entirely unjustified either; I really have no clue how to get with girls, it just sort of happened in the past with little effort on my part, just being myself. And no, she isn't out of my league, I've pulled some lookers in my time. My question is how do I get past those self defeating thoughts :(, and how do I even begin to 'win her over'? :)

To elaborate, she is in one of my classes at uni, once a week and only for the first semester (unless by chance she is in a same class in semester 2). This is also my final year so the long game may not suffice here. I hate using terms like 'win her over' and 'the long game' but I am frankly still thinking of her smile to come up with better synonyms.

This feels different too, I want to do it right this time. This new found passion is precious to me and I don't want to look back thinking 'I wish I tried'. I've felt really happy these last months and come to terms with loving myself and my life; I have concrete plans and ambitions and know I will succeed in life eventually. When I saw her, I just started thinking I wanted someone to share such a good life with.

Mate I feel exactly the same, if you do find the answer please message me!

Latest posts

Back