Movies that should be made

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABrokenMan

Reaction score
So...what movie should be made - your fave books? An idea? biography?

I'll inaugurate his new thread with two of my favorite fiction books - both would make perfect movies:

Insomnia - Stephen King (of all his books, this might just be my fave. I envision a TV miniseries.....)

The Sound and The Fury - William Faulkner (this 1929 classic of an emotionally dysfunctional family and the tragedies encountered is an amazing book. When i first read it as part of my senior seminar in college, it did not make the impact which it has done via my subsequent re-readings. Powerful beyond words. I am very surprised a movie was not made decades ago).

Tiger Tiger/The Stars My Destination-Alfred Bester-apparently WarnerFoxThingyOrWhomever have bought the rights to it & have been sitting on it.

Titus Groan & Gormenghast-Mervyn Peak-The Beeb made it into a miniseries, actually they managed not too bad a job but it could be so much more.

The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe would make an EPIC film series!

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. One of the best books I've read.
I only hope that Hollywood wouldn't touch it.

I can see Nick Harkaway's dystopian/kung-fu/apocaplyptic mutant book, "The Gone-Away World" as a film, but it might also be unfilmable.

I am hoping someone picks up "Ready Player One" as a film, but it is so laden with Eighties references that I wonder how a producer could get the rights to use them all. It's such a huge aspect of that story.

Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian" would be my choice. And I think it actually is in development, but there's almost no official info about it yet. I doubt it will be as graphic and explicit as the book anyway...

ABrokenMan said:
Insomnia - Stephen King (of all his books, this might just be my fave. I envision a TV miniseries.....)

I sure would like to see that one getting made too.

Some of Jack Vance's Dying Earth work might be malliable as film fodder-I would certainly love to see Cugel be realised on screen.

In turn this has my mind spinning to Rhialto the Marvelous....& to M. Shea's Nifft The Lean.

a new movie from Hesse's Steppenwolf, I have already the whole soundtrack in my head :)

Latest posts

Back