Any Other Depressed High-Schoolers?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adran

Reaction score
Wondering if there were any other 16-18-year-olds out there who were as lonely and depressed as I am. If so, I'd love to have someone to talk to. I don't care who you are or where you're from as long as you can speak English, and I'm willing to communicate by any means (email, Skype, etc.). Any takers?

Adran said:
Wondering if there were any other 16-18-year-olds out there who were as lonely and depressed as I am. If so, I'd love to have someone to talk to. I don't care who you are or where you're from as long as you can speak English, and I'm willing to communicate by any means (email, Skype, etc.). Any takers?

Do you have councillor or Teacher you can talk to? I felt this way at your age and it has had a really negative effect on my whole life. If you are lonely and depressed it is not your fault and there is help and support you can access, my social worker tried to get me to go to groups with other youths and I resisted because I felt so bad about myself and was so shy. I regret that.

Coming on this forum, we will support you and you can let off steam and express yourself. But I think you should tell an adult that you are depressed and feeling this way. be careful not to go straight on medication, try to find other ways first.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm not in high school, but you could always try the chat room if you're looking for people to chat with. :)

Er...how do I actually use the chat room? When I click on the link to the chat room, it takes me to a black screen with a couple of buttons along the sides that don't seem to do anything. There's no box in the middle with registration options like it says there should be. What am I doing wrong?

Adran said:
TheRealCallie said:
I'm not in high school, but you could always try the chat room if you're looking for people to chat with. :)

Er...how do I actually use the chat room? When I click on the link to the chat room, it takes me to a black screen with a couple of buttons along the sides that don't seem to do anything. There's no box in the middle with registration options like it says there should be. What am I doing wrong?

So, are you saying the actual chat box isn't there? Just the tabs on the side for YouTube and Doodle and whatnot?

TheRealCallie said:
Adran said:
TheRealCallie said:

So, are you saying the actual chat box isn't there? Just the tabs on the side for YouTube and Doodle and whatnot?
Exactly. What am I supposed to do?

Sounds like something is blocking the chat screen. I assume you have flash and shockwave or whatever you're supposed to have? Also, if you have an ad blocker, make sure it's not blocking the page from appearing.

cumulus.james said:
Do you have councillor or Teacher you can talk to? I felt this way at your age and it has had a really negative effect on my whole life. If you are lonely and depressed it is not your fault and there is help and support you can access, my social worker tried to get me to go to groups with other youths and I resisted because I felt so bad about myself and was so shy. I regret that.

Coming on this forum, we will support you and you can let off steam and express yourself. But I think you should tell an adult that you are depressed and feeling this way. be careful not to go straight on medication, try to find other ways first.
Well, I appreciate the advice and support. However...I've tried. Believe me. I've gone through four therapists and five medications so far. Nothing has worked. I have a great, caring family and a number of friends, but it's simply not enough. And it's lonely.

Also, I'll try to fiddle with my browser preferences to see if I can get the chat room to work.

Adran said:
cumulus.james said:

Well, I appreciate the advice and support. However...I've tried. Believe me. I've gone through four therapists and five medications so far. Nothing has worked. I have a great, caring family and a number of friends, but it's simply not enough. And it's lonely.

Also, I'll try to fiddle with my browser preferences to see if I can get the chat room to work.

If you've got good family and freins how come you are lonely? Do you mean lonly in the romantic sense?

Also careful who you skype with, you know the drill, pervs waiting to get you and all that.

Adran said:
Lonely because none of them know what it feels like...

And yes, I do know the drill.

So you just want somone who feels like you? You are kind of in the right place. But I've not seen many people your age on here.

TheRealCallie said:
cumulus.james said:
Having friends and family doesn't mean you can't still be lonely.

I felt less lonly when I had friends. But yeh your right guess I still felt lonly.

cumulus.james said:
Also careful who you skype with, you know the drill, pervs waiting to get you and all that.

I've actually found this to be less true on ALL than other places online. ALL is safer than other places. Not airtight but it's pretty safe, especially in the chatroom.

SophiaGrace said:
cumulus.james said:

I've actually found this to be less true on ALL than other places online. ALL is safer than other places. Not airtight but it's pretty safe, especially in the chatroom.

yeh but we don't get many kids here, so them sort wot got me won't come looking on here.

If this place becomes known as a refuge for troubled and lonly kids, then it will soon become a paedos hunting ground. So I rekon a discussion needs to be had between us as a community welcoming and supporting kids, but also being vigilant of those who would get at them. And I know all too well that it only takes a fe kind words - an impression of being understood to be drawn into things.

I see all the world though the eyes of a victim thesedays. See a lonly 16 yr old and I feel a deep need to protect him.

I counjure up danger for him where they may be none

cumulus.james said:
SophiaGrace said:
cumulus.james said:

yeh but we don't get many kids here, so them sort wot got me won't come looking on here.

If this place becomes known as a refuge for troubled and lonly kids, then it will soon become a paedos hunting ground. So I rekon a discussion needs to be had between us as a community welcoming and supporting kids, but also being vigilant of those who would get at them. And I know all too well that it only takes a fe kind words - an impression of being understood to be drawn into things.

I see all the world though the eyes of a victim thesedays. See a lonly 16 yr old and I feel a deep need to protect him.

Um...sixteen years old I may be, but foolish I am not. I do know what internet safety is. And I am not impressionable enough for "a few kind words" to make me instantly trust someone. I came here to find people who actually respect me, not protectors.

while im not in high school im fresh out, well 3 years out, but my mind is still a high-school-level one :p feel free to PM me anytime if you wanna chat about anything

Adran said:
cumulus.james said:
SophiaGrace said:
cumulus.james said:

Um...sixteen years old I may be, but foolish I am not. I do know what internet safety is. And I am not impressionable enough for "a few kind words" to make me instantly trust someone. I came here to find people who actually respect me, not protectors.

You can be the most wise person in the world and still make a mistake. Mistakes are not always for the foolish. Remember that.

cumulus.james said:

I've been on ALL since i was 19 and I was never approached. It's pretty safe here. Really. And any hint of funny business and the mods would be all over it like a hot potato, with permabans.

SophiaGrace said:
You can be the most wise person in the world and still make a mistake. Mistakes are not always for the foolish. Remember that.
That is entirely true; it does not, however, change the fact that you could at least do me the decency of not assuming automatically that I am weak and vulnerable. In case it wasn't clear, I did not come here to be treated as a child. If there were a reason to trust someone who gives me "a few words of kindness" (there isn't), it would be that, on meeting me for the first time, many people forget to treat me with at least a minimum of respect.

Adran said:
SophiaGrace said:
That is entirely true; it does not, however, change the fact that you could at least do me the decency of not assuming automatically that I am weak and vulnerable. In case it wasn't clear, I did not come here to be treated as a child. If there were a reason to trust someone who gives me "a few words of kindness" (there isn't), it would be that, on meeting me for the first time, many people forget to treat me with at least a minimum of respect.

There are people that have been through things that make them hard to realize that it does not happen to everyone. Someone warning you about something like that is not giving you disrespect or tell you that you are child. It means he is concerned about something important to him.

As for respect, some people don't give it until you earn it. Many people forget that just because you WANT something, doesn't mean you'll always get it. Adults don't always get respect. Sorry, but you are no different. I would be careful how you word yourself and the...demands, you make. (Not a warning or a threat, just a little friendly advice) People aren't entitled to respect. Yes, it's nice when you get it, but no one HAS to respect you. No offense, but you come across as a kid who thinks he's entitled to what he wants. You aren't, no one is. Work for it, earn it and you'll get it. Demanding it won't.

Latest posts

Back