Being Broke and Frugal: Ideas for Christmas Gifts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilith

Reaction score
Hi Guys, so let's say I don't have much money to buy my boyfriend a really nice, expensive Christmas gift, and he usually spoils me. I don't know what to get him. I really don't want to receive any money-paid present from him because I'll feel bad I won't be able to afford something as nice. So I'm thinking that I need some great ideas for a handmade, customized gift that would be just as wonderful as an expensive gift.

Design & print out a book of vouchers.

A mixture of different tasks you can perform for him.... Depending on his & your personal preferences determine what services you may offer to him... A good mixture of romance & sexual is a place to begin but you can have fun & get really creative.

Otherwise a nicely framed photo of you or the two of you together is a very nice thing.

If you know how to cook, you can make him a candle lit dinner. If you don't, you have time to practice. :p

Alma's idea of a voucher book is a good one.

Learn how to knit or crochet (if you don't know how) and make him a scarf or something along those lines.

If you like taking pictures, take a few nice shots and frame them for him.

Play to your strengths and what he enjoys.

I agree with the idea of a photo of the two of you in a pretty frame. Snapfish is a cheap photo-printing service and there's a decent selection of frames on Amazon. I cannot knit to save my life but I was able to make a basic scarf for a boyfriend one year, I think he was more touched by my effort than anything else.

I agree with the photo suggestion and the scarf. Maybe you could get a plain wooden picture frame and then decorate it yourself.

Lovers candles!

Buy a nice pair of plain candles & decorate them yourself...you can get cold wax pens to use for this quite cheaply. Gift box them with a note detailing how the candles are to be lit by the light of your love/passion for one another & only light them for 'special times' together.

Tiina63 said:
I agree with the photo suggestion and the scarf. Maybe you could get a plain wooden picture frame and then decorate it yourself.

I thought this too. You could do a personalised frame - if you wanna make it more special. Just getting a cheap fancy looking frame will make it special enough though, otherwise. Good luck!

Sex. lol
But seriously....sex. Oral if he's into it. Very SPECIAL oral sex. Do something new and different.
I don't know of any man (if he's into oral, that is) who wouldn't enjoy some slow, sensual, out of the ordinary oral.
Wear something slinky. This won't cost you anything other than some time and attention to details. Read up on the subject - there are some really great books available. (Not suggesting you don't know everything there is to know already, mind you. :p )

:shy:

If not the sex thing, then I do suggest a lovely meal, some quality time and the "coupon" book.

Thanks, Guys and Gals! These are some spectacular ideas! I especially liked yours, Alma. I think I'll do that! Thank you!!

Great ideas, an old/odd piece of wood paint with tester pot and write both your names on or something else like grid reference made from your birthdays. Let us know what you do.

EveWasFramed said:
Sex. lol
But seriously....sex. Oral if he's into it. Very SPECIAL oral sex. Do something new and different.
I don't know of any man (if he's into oral, that is) who wouldn't enjoy some slow, sensual, out of the ordinary oral.
Wear something slinky. This won't cost you anything other than some time and attention to details. Read up on the subject - there are some really great books available. (Not suggesting you don't know everything there is to know already, mind you. :p )

:shy:

If not the sex thing, then I do suggest a lovely meal, some quality time and the "coupon" book.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Great post...

Although I will offer a small correction: Oral if SHE is into it. The only thing worse than no blowjob is a bad blowjob. I'd rather shut my face in the car door repeatedly...

Oh...yes...you've licked and kissed it for 17 minutes...that's cute...what's that?...oh now you are gagging and scowling...so effin hot...let's wrap this up with 30 or 40 minutes of working the last 1.5 inches....proudly...lol. ..am I being Punk'd?...where is Ashton Kutcher? (not that I'm speaking from experience or anything)

Proper BJ takes about 3 minutes

PS - I blame Captain Morgan for my honesty in this instance.

jd7 said:
The only thing worse than no blowjob is a bad blowjob. I'd rather shut my face in the car door repeatedly...

PS - I blame Captain Morgan for my honesty in this instance.

*chuckle*

Latest posts

Back