What is loneliness to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The holiday.

When I get no e-mails (even from Sears) no facebook posts, there is nothing on tv, no one is on the train, and everyone wants to use my extra parking space because they have so many people visiting. It is like I trapped in a bad dream for a day.

Being among other people.
Standing in a crowd of unknown faces.
Life in front of the curtain where everything is fleeting and nothing but show is going on.

LonelySutton said:
The holiday.

When I get no e-mails (even from Sears) no facebook posts, there is nothing on tv, no one is on the train, and everyone wants to use my extra parking space because they have so many people visiting. It is like I trapped in a bad dream for a day.

Well said. I'm watching childhood christmas cartoons from the 70's. Rudolphs shiney new year and frosty the snowman. Talk about regression as a coping mechanism. I'm ridiculous. I do miss the days when the world was peaceful and happy and human beings still had feelings.

When I wake up in the morning and find no notifications on my phone.
also at night when I watch the lion king and have no one to cry with me at the scene where mofasa dies :( (spoiler Alert)

When I feel a deep need to talk to someone just to get away from my thoughts and realising I have no one to call....
But then I remember that just because I'm sad I shouldn't nag about it all the time...and then I suppress my need and feel even more lonely...

a pit of darkness when I have something funny to tell but no one to tell it too

the panic roaring in my eardrums that I am - abandoned and I could die this moment and no one will notice - this usually after some days without talking to anyone

580 Facebook contacts who didn't notice that I had pneumonia for two months and those 5 people with a black soul who ignored my request to bring medicine or help. 2 months with pneumonia and aside from my mother not one call.

Peaches said:
580 Facebook contacts who didn't notice that I had pneumonia for two months and those 5 people with a black soul who ignored my request to bring medicine or help. 2 months with pneumonia and aside from my mother not one call.

I'm so angry right now at this. Who treats other human beings like this?!

*fumes*

SophiaGrace said:
Peaches said:

I'm so angry right now at this. Who treats other human beings like this?!

*fumes*

to tell the truth, it was partially my fault, because I called for help the people I was spending more time with without thinking if they were the helpful kind (they were not, and btw I stopped spending time with them) after 4 or 5 not answering or saying that they were busy, I got so depressed that I didn't reach out to others who I am sure would have come, even if just out of charity

and of course I did have lots of chats with faraway friends in distant countries

When I want to feel the warm physical touch and affection of another and all I have is my body pillow and a heating blanket.

loneliness is...trying to explain to someone the difference between being alone and being by yourself.

When you walk down the road, or play outside, and you see so many people around you. You then think to yourself, "I wish I was like that."

After a bit, you question why it didn't turn out that way. Then, negative answers appear and you ask yourself questions like, "Maybe I'm a bad person? Maybe I'm vastly outclassed by someone else?" You start to question if your friends are still your friends, or if they're just pretending for some prank or out of pity.

Then, you look back on memories to get a better idea. You recall memories when people used to joke around about being friends, or lying about it in a way so I could easily make it out, but wanting to feel belonging so badly, I just went with it.

Loneliness is the feeling I get each time someone leaves me. Then it goes away cos I originally enjoy being alone. Then it happens over and over again... all the freaking time.

Loneliness is a feeling like anything else. It's simply a chemical production of the brain, which makes it an illusion. Still a painful one at times though...

Loneliness for me is a feeling of emptiness I have inside of myself. It is a constant feeling of emptiness. Of something missing. Of being incomplete. Unsatisfied, unwhole. And, I keep trying to find that person that'll fill the void inside of me. So far it hasn't worked, but I keep looking...

Loneliness is also being excluded, being kicked by others and bullied. Being disregarded and not included. Thinking that my abilities are less-than. It is not being spoken to, the awkward stare when they realize that I am mute. Being told that I am socially awkward, a burden, a waste of time…being ignored. Being not paid attention to. Being made to feel as if I were nothing.

Loneliness is:

* To be known but not loved

* To be loved but not known

* To be neither

To realize there is no shoulder to cry on when I am sad and to realize that no matter how bad i try to be the nicest person in the whole world everyone continues to ignore me.. It hurts so bad when I realize that I am alone when I was actually there for everyone when they needed someone.. :(

loneliness is a beeotch I hate it

lonesomeness that's different.

Grocery shopping for one person in the holiday season. Having the same box of Christmas cards for 4 years because I send so few. Going to movies by myself.

Latest posts

Back