I have a "boyfriend" but I feel alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlontheshelf

Reaction score
I have a boyfriend, male friend whoever he is too me but he makes me feel empty and alone. This man only know how to love physically and not emotionally. Is anybody in this type of situation with their spouse , boyfriend or girlfriend? I'm sitting in the kitchen typing this post and my "boyfriend is nowhere to be found. He only comes around for a hospital/prison type visit and then he is gone. I only have him around is because I do not have any offline friends.. sorry people ,I just need to vent.

I have a wife and after nearly 20 years feel the same way and that is exactly why I am here
Your not alone

Yes, I've been there too. When I realized that my home was just being used as a hotel for overnight visits, shower, maybe something to eat - I booted him out. Even though I didn't have many friends either at that time. I'd rather be single than in a slightly satisfying relationship.

-Teresa

I have a girlfriend but I feel alone 😪, it's like we have become strangers, I feel no security but I still love her to bits, I have been given an altermatum tonight, book a flight to see her or we are over, I'm so torn because we are unstable and there would be consequences in going over there, right now it seems things are all one way, she doesn't trust me, I made one mistake and now my name is honeysuckle.. Ahh :(

I've seen my girlfriend once in the last few months. I love her so much. She says she loves me too. But I'm a low priority for her

I once had a relationship with a man where the sex was good but he was emotionally abusive. I felt as empty and as alone in that relationship as I do on my own, because I was on my own when I was with him.
OP-you deserve better than to be used. I hope you find som eone who will value you and care for you.

Loneliness in a relationship is the worst type of loneliness, believe me. Dump him.

Raingirl said:
Loneliness in a relationship is the worst type of loneliness, believe me. Dump him.

Raingirl AMEN !!!!!!! . I'm suppose to have lunch with my "boyfriend" on Friday.. Man why can't he change and be emotional attach

Albatross said:
I've seen my girlfriend once in the last few months. I love her so much. She says she loves me too. But I'm a low priority for her

This is my life right now with my boyfriend. **** loneliness is a *****.

This is pretty common for me as well. My philosophy, if someone wants to take time for me, great! If not, I find my own things to do. I have learned not to base my happiness on romantic attachments, at least to a degree. They can be uplifting if both parties are on the same page.

girlontheshelf said:
I have a boyfriend, male friend whoever he is too me but he makes me feel empty and alone. This man only know how to love physically and not emotionally. Is anybody in this type of situation with their spouse , boyfriend or girlfriend? I'm sitting in the kitchen typing this post and my "boyfriend is nowhere to be found. He only comes around for a hospital/prison type visit and then he is gone. I only have him around is because I do not have any offline friends.. sorry people ,I just need to vent.

Sounds so familiar and we stayed together more or less because I don't have friends or close family. She is even open to stay just as room mate but decided have to find the courage to break that un healthy relationship if I want to have a chance to be happy. She will move out soon but that's a very scary experience. Though I know deep down that I will come back from it and then will be happy I did so. Well I hope so.

Albatros posted "I've seen my girlfriend once in the last few months. I love her so much. She says she loves me too. But I'm a low priority for her", that's exactly how it feels; when she has no one asking for her or leaving for a trip with her family, only then I am really part of the picture.

I cannot relate >.<, not even in the slightest. However, I will say that if I ended up in a situation like that I would be hard pressed to not dump the individual. I have always beleived that loneliness and low self-esteem tend to amplify the feeling of being loved or loving someone else. We know we are being used or ignored or something like that. However, because we have no one else and do not feel we can replace the person in a timely fashion, we force ourselves to fall in love. Thus we are more able to accept what is being done to us. After all, "True Love" conquers all, and that person has his or her own life as well, we cannot force them to remain or be a major part of our own, and love let's us fall into that kind of position.

The best cure is to make him realize how you feel or just leave him. I would go with just leaving him because if you try to make it work it might be harder to get rid of the situation you are in. Since most people will likely see you "breaking up" as a lie and will still come around to take advantage of you.

Latest posts

Back