ESO goes B2P

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already mentioned this in the TES thread, but it doesn't harm anyone to have a thread of it's own.

I played ESO during the beta tests and I wasn't particularly impressed. It felt like an attempt to satisfy both MMORPG fans and TES fans, but in the end it failed to satisfy anyone. Having said this, I've heard that it's improved massively since it's original release and it can be picked up for as little as £10, so it might be worth another go.

Cavey said:
I already mentioned this in the TES thread, but it doesn't harm anyone to have a thread of it's own.

I played ESO during the beta tests and I wasn't particularly impressed. It felt like an attempt to satisfy both MMORPG fans and TES fans, but in the end it failed to satisfy anyone. Having said this, I've heard that it's improved massively since it's original release and it can be picked up for as little as £10, so it might be worth another go.

Oh **** sorry cavey i didnt see the other thread. I havent been on here much lately. I dont know i wasnt actually crazy about it either lol. I just mentioned it because now it wont really cost anything to give it a shot if you already own it.

To me i think the whole thing with elder scrolls, i been playing since arena back in the nineties believe it or not ...**** im old lol. But the thing with it is its always meant to make you feel like an epic hero and somethings kind of lost in translation when you have about 3000 other "epic heroes" wandering around.

I think it would be a lot better as just a coop game with a few friends than a full fledged mmo. If theyd just add an optional COOP mode to their singleplayer releases i think thatd be perfect.

Don't worry about it - I didn't even bother making a thread ;)

I much prefer my TES games to be single player experiences, but if they really feel the need to add a multiplayer component, then I agree that it should have been a co-op campaign. The main problem I have with ESO is that it doesn't feel much like an Elder Scrolls game at all. The other problem is that the game is essentially a single player game and when you do team up with other players it becomes incredibly easy.

I still think most people would be happy enough to play through it for the price it is now.

All people wanted was an Elder Scrolls VI, why Bethesda chose to go down the MMORPG road is really beyond me.

I'm amazed that googling it didn't come up with the answer. I remember it being the first thing mentioned in practically every article when it was originally announced as going B2P. I presume that date is still correct.

I'm still considering picking it up and toddling off on some adventures...

I did tried ESO before but once I reach the highest level it's was very disappointing for me, specially if you had to pay a subscription. If it's free I will give it another try.

I only tried it during the beta, but it didn't grab me enough to make me want to fork out for a subscription - especially when there were so many other, subscription free alternatives. It never felt much like an Elder Scrolls game to me.

Latest posts

Back