Does anyone on this forum give a ****...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
...or am I just talking into the void here? At this point it's a fair question.

probably about his posts. If it helps any I greatly enjoyed your post on autodictatism.

Oh course we give a **** - otherwise we wouldn't be members.

Giving the answer you want to hear though....that's another matter...

If you are speaking in reference to your own posts, I have to suggest that your vocabulary might be off-putting to some. Perhaps, if you try using as least pretentious a vocabulary as is available to you, that might help?

I care in general but as far as you specifically i dont really know you well enough to make that judgement.

As far as responding to any of your threads i havent because ive read over a few of them and didnt feel i had anything useful to add so i didnt respond, but it doesnt mean i dont care or think you had valid points or even that it was uninteresting just that i didnt feel i had anything to add.

What specifically happened to make you think nobody gives a **** here? If you dont mind talking about it i mean.

Thanks, guys. I wasn't trying to cause drama even if what I wrote made it sound that way. I quite literally meant what I said. And what motivated me was the fact that I haven't been able to have any ongoing conversations on this forum so far. Every thread I start and every post I make in reply to someone else's thread just kind of dies. Yeah, I know that I don't post much in the central parts of the forum, the ones for discussing loneliness itself and related problems and pluses, but I've never wanted to dwell on loneliness. If I have to be honest, yes, I am isolated, but I don't really _feel_ lonely or like anything is missing from my physical life because there are no people in it. And I guess all I really wanted to do with my original post was ask whether I should bother continuing to start threads and reply in other people's threads or just shut up.

mickey said:
Thanks, guys. I wasn't trying to cause drama even if what I wrote made it sound that way. I quite literally meant what I said. And what motivated me was the fact that I haven't been able to have any ongoing conversations on this forum so far. Every thread I start and every post I make in reply to someone else's thread just kind of dies. Yeah, I know that I don't post much in the central parts of the forum, the ones for discussing loneliness itself and related problems and pluses, but I've never wanted to dwell on loneliness. If I have to be honest, yes, I am isolated, but I don't really _feel_ lonely or like anything is missing from my physical life because there are no people in it. And I guess all I really wanted to do with my original post was ask whether I should bother continuing to start threads and reply in other people's threads or just shut up.

Well i think alot of us here aint exactly social butterflys so thats going to happen from time to time. And i dont think you caused any drama, least not in my opinion.

Me myself despite the fact I realize i type waaaay too **** much in my replies a lot of time i just dont know what to say, or i feel awkward etc so i stop replying sometimes. I imagine other people are in a similar sittuation.

I get what youre saying though i find it hard to keep a conversation going myself but i wouldnt take it personally its not a reflection of you or even the people here. I cant say for certain but at an educated guess, its just kind of one of those things because of most of our mindsets and the topic of these boards it lends itself to that sort of thing happening from time to time.

mickey said:

This forum is like life in general. Some people are popular and some are not. There is some kind of inner circle of cool people who tend to hog the attention. Happens all over, I'm not knocking it. Somebody new coming on here expecting to be centre of attention will struggle. (I can only think of one person who is doing that and he hasn't contributed to this thread yet)

I would carry on writing whatever you want. But don't expect 100 replies, just be grateful about the few you get.

Ugh, popularity and cool kids again.... :rolleyes: That said, I don't entirely disagree with it. :p

BUT, I think it more demands on what you write if you get replies. There are some things I will read and just don't feel like replying to or don't feel I can say anything or someone else said what I would have said. Then there are times when it's just too long to read.

I do fully agree with the carrying on about posting what you want. You may or may not get replies, but even the "popular" people sometimes don't get all the replies they were hoping for. Do what you do, post what you want, you'll get there.

And with that, I leave you with this song that TB got stuck in my head. lol
[video=youtube]

I usually hold back from immediate replies as I like to think on it a bit beforehand, but I will keep an eye out for future threads or posts from you and respond as best I can.

And never shut up, mickey! You may feel like your voice isn't being heard but that doesn't mean nobody is listening. :)

lifestream said:
I usually hold back from immediate replies as I like to think on it a bit beforehand, but I will keep an eye out for future threads or posts from you and respond as best I can.

And never shut up, mickey! You may feel like your voice isn't being heard but that doesn't mean nobody is listening. :)

It's not always a good thing that someone is always listening. Why, Because of this:

I've toned down my public posts considerably in the past two years or so. They used to be genuine contributions to society and not just forum posts. But they would get ZERO replies because everyone would think "Ah! What a great idea for how to make money!" and their lawyers would tell them never to leave any trace of proof that they had even read the post for liability reasons. I caught on to what was happening and stopped making those kinds of posts.

tl;dr it's actually better that some voices never get heard than that people get used like pieces of toilet paper. But, again, that no longer happens to me because I make sure that it doesn't.

TheRealCallie said:
Ugh, popularity and cool kids again.... :rolleyes: That said, I don't entirely disagree with it. :p

BUT, I think it more demands on what you write if you get replies. There are some things I will read and just don't feel like replying to or don't feel I can say anything or someone else said what I would have said. Then there are times when it's just too long to read.

I do fully agree with the carrying on about posting what you want. You may or may not get replies, but even the "popular" people sometimes don't get all the replies they were hoping for. Do what you do, post what you want, you'll get there.

And with that, I leave you with this song that TB got stuck in my head. lol
[video=youtube]

in my country it's called a 'click' - a small section of people who dominate things.

When I was here about three years ago I used to get annoyed at the higher number of views, compared to the lower number of replies. Nowadays it doesn't matter much to me, for I am grateful to receive just a few.

On forums there will always be some who don't care much, but mostly I think people take each other at face value and try to get along. There have been some far worse forums, but their popularity soon ebbs.

There is, however, a core number of people who genuinely do care and will try and help if they can. Or just offer gentle hugs and some empathy.. even a little goes a long way, too.

Since joining LL, I have mellowed a lot from the mistakes I made and feel now is the time to be a better woman with more understanding and definitely, more humility. We make mistakes in life and acutely regret them, but the key is moving on and try to let go of all that was past and reach out for a happier time online and perchance make new friends. :)

Latest posts

Back