Looking for Friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exasperated

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for friends to talk to with similar interests. I'm a female in my mid-thirties in the northeast (US.) I am not real big on small talk, but I love philosophical and intellectual discussions. I'm a progressive liberal, I enjoy art, music (indie), NPR, talking about social issues, nonfiction books, food/wine and people with a sardonic sense of humor. I write music (singer/songwriter type stuff), play a little guitar, sing, write (lyrics, nonfiction/humor, screenplays.)

Feel free to message me if we have stuff in common, I would be happy to chat!

You can look at things that way if you wish, Ex. I hope you stay in this forum and further, that you find more commonality than differences with some of the members.

exasperated said:
Thanks stranger, it seems as irl I don't have much in common with people here :(

It's not always as simple as just making a post in networking and getting a million replies to it. Sometimes, you just need to post and give people a chance to get to know you on the forum before they will take it further than that. Give it time and don't give up just yet.

indie music, arts, liberalism, and northeast US :> wooh!!
foodie as well, but not wine im under age/dont like it ha

Who doesn't like wine!?

Hello exasperated, welcome to the forum, you will make some great friends here in time. It took me a while to fit in but now I really love coming here :)

You'd be surprised, many of the people I've run into.

Just wanted to make one last plea, any other thinkers, intellectuals, progressives that I haven't crossed paths with yet or may be new to the site and are looking for friendship, please message me. I'm not going to come on the site anymore, but I'll see private messages in my email and would love to talk!

It's worth mentioning that unless forum friends are particularly close to you, it is unlikely they will remain after you have resigned the forum. I speak from experience, and it's not a happy one. I will pm you.

Best,
Anna Mouse

Mouse said:
It's worth mentioning that unless forum friends are particularly close to you, it is unlikely they will remain after you have resigned the forum.

That could be, but you never know. I am still talking with a few people who haven't been on the forum in years. As Callie says, you have to at least give people a little time to get to know you.

Minus said:
Mouse said:
It's worth mentioning that unless forum friends are particularly close to you, it is unlikely they will remain after you have resigned the forum.

That could be, but you never know. I am still talking with a few people who haven't been on the forum in years. As Callie says, you have to at least give people a little time to get to know you.

Yes, well, thanks, but I already realised three years ago. :)

Very similar interests here, Exasperated. And just like you I find it more and more difficult to find someone to talk about these interests. Unfortunately, people are (often, not always) quickly excited about something or someone and at the same speed the interest's gone astray again. Maybe I simply wasn't meeting the right people at the right place at the right time ...

Latest posts

Back