where are some good places to meet people?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_one

Reaction score
I recently moved and don't really know where to go to meet people. Where do average people go to make new friends?

I always give people this site as well it has a lot of good tips and things on it. http://www.succeedsocially.com/. Another thing i learned too thats kinda useful is they did studies and said most men bond through activities and most women bond through talking. Now im sure thats not always true because everybodys different, but it might be a good general rule of thumb.

I think the average person does these things to make acquaintances and fairwheater friends. If you're looking to make real friends I think you have to try to have the stamina to go to tons of these things and hope to eventually happen upon the right person. I know it's really hard.

The only way you can make friends as an adult outside of work would be if you literally put ourself out there. Going to clubs (nightclubs maybe but also hobby type clubs, meetups). Talking to people you don't know in these events. You could also go on dating apps maybe?

Most people keep their school friends or have work friends. Making a real, close friend outside of that is pure luck! A lot of interactions end up as a one time thing or just as exasperated said, acquaintances.

I knew someone who made a close friend off facebook somehow! She was very eager to contact people though. She actually found her husband off a youtube video, somehow got his contact info and now they are married lol. She wasn't a very popular person either, people generally disliked her and she didn't have many friends.

Latest posts

Back