:( anyone feel lonely even on here..... Or anywhere, anytime, isolated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do too, i just drown mine out with noise and color mostly. I think its not about the amount of connections but the quality and how deep they are.

I actually feel much less lonely when i'm NOT on here, which is why i'm around less and less, and am more or less giving up on forums.
Still can't help but check here occasionally though, mostly out of habit.

I felt a lot lonelier before I found this place. It's helped me deal with my loneliness offline too, as I know I can always pop onto here whereas before I had no sanctuary

Not alone exactly, more left out. When everyone around me has a spouse/partner/significant other, and I have no one, I often wonder what it feels like to have someone want you.

I feel isolated pretty much all the time. Sometimes I can briefly put it to the back of my mind if I am reading a good book or having a good conversation, but it is always there and comes back to bite when the book has been read or the conversation is over.
Juliet, I wonder too what it would be like to have someone want me, want to spend their life with me. I really don't want to go to the end of my life alone.

I too feel quite isolated and alone most of the time. However, worrying about it in self-pity isn't going to get me anywhere so what I do is to just try and live in the present, enjoy the small things in life like reading, exercising to working together with university colleagues to get through uni work. But most of all, I try to put myself out there and get pro-active. That way, I can take my mind off being alone and at the same time have a sense of purpose in life as well.

Sometimes I worry if I'm too busy looking at what sets me apart from other people that I completely lose sight of what could possibly connect me with them. In real life and on the internet.

On second thought, maybe I just got tired of trying over the years of disappointment and repeated confrontation with the demotivational reality.

Me. I feel so lonely. I live alone, and at my age, it became impossible to find somebody who will love me and would like to live with me.

Yeah, me too and I've become altogether more accustomed to loneliness than can possibly be healthy. I've got maybe the last 1/3rd of my life left to me.......what's going to happen, am I going to age all alone, die alone in my house, get found by the neighbors, my corpse decomposing in a chair with a book on my lap?

It breaks my heart to read these posts - it seems like there's lots of single people both men and women who would love to be with someone else.

I'm in a marriage and I still get as lonely as hell. I don't blame my wife at all; I'm really pleased she's finally made some friends and goes out with them, I just wish I could have the same.

I feel lonely whenever I'm surrounded by people but I'm by myself and feel out of place.

Juliet said:
Not alone exactly, more left out. When everyone around me has a spouse/partner/significant other, and I have no one, I often wonder what it feels like to have someone want you.

Same ....

Especially at this time of the year, with a birthday coming up in a week. There's nobody to even go and have lunch/dinner with, or even just a drink and a chat.

I feel left out wherever I go too. As if there is something really wrong with me which makes people don't like to communicate and spend time. To have a life partner to share whole my life with...it's just a far-fetched dream.

Stonely said:
I feel lonely whenever I'm surrounded by people but I'm by myself and feel out of place.

Yes this

Well now we all know and I know we aren't the only loners and can come back to this forum to feel less out of place in this world.

constant stranger said:
Yeah, me too and I've become altogether more accustomed to loneliness than can possibly be healthy. I've got maybe the last 1/3rd of my life left to me.......what's going to happen, am I going to age all alone, die alone in my house, get found by the neighbors, my corpse decomposing in a chair with a book on my lap?

I wish the best for you stranger. We humans care even the normal asshats do

MadeofLove said:
I feel left out wherever I go too. As if there is something really wrong with me which makes people don't like to communicate and spend time. To have a life partner to share whole my life with...it's just a far-fetched dream.

Me too.
Don't doubt a relationship many males who have a heart would love a different female. This is what I told myself I was alone up to 18.

h3donist said:
It breaks my heart to read these posts - it seems like there's lots of single people both men and women who would love to be with someone else.

I'm in a marriage and I still get as lonely as hell. I don't blame my wife at all; I'm really pleased she's finally made some friends and goes out with them, I just wish I could have the same.

Ya it's heartbreaking but I love lonely people, I'm sure lots of people prefer the lonely people.

Cucuboth said:
Juliet said:

Same ....

Especially at this time of the year, with a birthday coming up in a week. There's nobody to even go and have lunch/dinner with, or even just a drink and a chat.

I know what it's like to be with someone and still be alone that one feels horrible too. It's tough, to be so isolated on your birthday

shadetree said:
I do too, i just drown mine out with noise and color mostly. I think its not about the amount of connections but the quality and how deep they are.

I relate to your posts majority of the time, our loneliness matches.

whoops said:
me too. who can i run to?

Run into people like me, we need friends who are like us so we can connect

Rahvin said:
I actually feel much less lonely when i'm NOT on here, which is why i'm around less and less, and am more or less giving up on forums.
Still can't help but check here occasionally though, mostly out of habit.

Nice to meet you Ravhin Ravhin. Me too this place is horrible and awesome lol

h3donist said:
I felt a lot lonelier before I found this place. It's helped me deal with my loneliness offline too, as I know I can always pop onto here whereas before I had no sanctuary

That's just wonderful, kudos :D good luck

Juliet said:

You seem cute your profile pic is pretty someone else would think you're pretty too

Rodent said:
Sometimes I worry if I'm too busy looking at what sets me apart from other people that I completely lose sight of what could possibly connect me with them. In real life and on the internet.

On second thought, maybe I just got tired of trying over the years of disappointment and repeated confrontation with the demotivational reality.

So much this too, very relateable

Tinderleaf said:
I too feel quite isolated and alone most of the time. However, worrying about it in self-pity isn't going to get me anywhere so what I do is to just try and live in the present, enjoy the small things in life like reading, exercising to working together with university colleagues to get through uni work. But most of all, I try to put myself out there and get pro-active. That way, I can take my mind off being alone and at the same time have a sense of purpose in life as well.

Atleast you're hopeful

Tiina63 said:
I feel isolated pretty much all the time. Sometimes I can briefly put it to the back of my mind if I am reading a good book or having a good conversation, but it is always there and comes back to bite when the book has been read or the conversation is over.
Juliet, I wonder too what it would be like to have someone want me, want to spend their life with me. I really don't want to go to the end of my life alone.

Ya you're not the only one this way just know that.

I feel really lonely. I visit the forums and I don't know what to do. I don't have anyone to contact and I can't even get the courage to start a thread. I guess this message is a start.

I feel lonely most of the time. My family is busy. I live alone with my cat. And I have very few friends.

constant stranger said:

Ya, that's kind where I am too. But I'll never get used to being alone, though I certainly should be by now. I've always been one that hated being alone too. The worst thing is losing hope for anything better, anything more. It's hard to get that hope back, something has to happen, some positive, and ya can't always make what ya need happen yourself. I've found the ones in the past spewing tripe about what I should do (i.e. get out and meet people and about meds, mood, happiness etc) have no idea of what it's like to have severe depression, anxiety, long term loneliness, or even understand the pains of divorce.

Even on here the OP asks. Forums are not like talking to someone else with an immediate response back, ya may get a response sometime later or may not get a direct reponse referencing things you said at all. That's why I've found past forums, a lot like talking to yourself.

Is the chat room still in operation? When I went there I couldn't seem to get on there, though I signed up.

tc00 said:
constant stranger said:

Ya, that's kind where I am too. But I'll never get used to being alone, though I certainly should be by now. I've always been one that hated being alone too. The worst thing is losing hope for anything better, anything more. It's hard to get that hope back, something has to happen, some positive, and ya can't always make what ya need happen yourself. I've found the ones in the past spewing tripe about what I should do (i.e. get out and meet people and about meds, mood, happiness etc) have no idea of what it's like to have severe depression, anxiety, long term loneliness, or even understand the pains of divorce.

Even on here the OP asks. Forums are not like talking to someone else with an immediate response back, ya may get a response sometime later or may not get a direct reponse referencing things you said at all. That's why I've found past forums, a lot like talking to yourself.

Is the chat room still in operation? When I went there I couldn't seem to get on there, though I signed up.

' The worst thing is losing hope for anything better, anything more. It's hard to get that hope back, something has to happen, some positive, and ya can't always make what ya need happen yourself '

This. So much this ....

I never understand why so many people find this so difficult to understand. A lot even seem to find it offensive to say such a thing. Loneliness doesn't go away by still being lonely. Yet many seem to expect that we can wave our hands around and *FLASH* we won't be lonely anymore. Or maybe, it's just that they don't want us to mention or show that we are. As long as our loneliness doesn't annoy them. When we need something positive to happen, especially something socially positive, something that will ease the loneliness at the very least, that's just not something we can do on our own. That is the very nature of the beast. I know for me, it has often felt like I am expected to fight off a horde of a million, armed only with a small blunt tablespoon, and the promises of support, of re-enforcements, that never come, are expected to be enough for me to fight forever ..... and it's just not.

It's sort of like, everytime I write here, or on my Tumblr blog, or anywhere I have every voiced how I feel, it's me shouting out for that support, for those re-enforcements. But they still never come, and I tire of fighting a horde that never ends, and just gets more and more and more .....

Latest posts

Back