Do you know how to delete a thread?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonesome2

Reaction score
I've created a thread, I no longer want to be posted.
I've contacted the tech support administrator (s), I have not received a reply. Does any one know; is it possible to delete a thread? If so, how?

Thanks

PM one of the Moderators and tell your intention. Rest is in their hands.
So far I've always got what I have wanted from them :p

Currently, moderators don't usually delete entire threads unless there's a very specific reason to do so. There are valid reasons why whole threads are not deleted. One reason may be that there have been multiple posts made in said thread. Another reason is because if we did it for one, we'd have to make the exception for everyone, so we try not to do that. Not that we mind looking into things, but requests will never be taken as demands. It's usually not opposed, however, to simply close a thread, preventing future posts to be made.

I would also like to point out that just because a thread and/or a post is deleted here, doesn't mean it's completely deleted from the black hole that sucks too many of us in call the internet. So, be very cautious what is to be posted on this forum. Even if it's deleted, you may still find it somewhere else.

VanillaCreme said:
Currently, moderators don't usually delete entire threads unless there's a very specific reason to do so. There are valid reasons why whole threads are not deleted. One reason may be that there have been multiple posts made in said thread. Another reason is because if we did it for one, we'd have to make the exception for everyone, so we try not to do that. Not that we mind looking into things, but requests will never be taken as demands. It's usually not opposed, however, to simply close a thread, preventing future posts to be made.

I would also like to point out that just because a thread and/or a post is deleted here, doesn't mean it's completely deleted from the black hole that sucks too many of us in call the internet. So, be very cautious what is to be posted on this forum. Even if it's deleted, you may still find it somewhere else.

OK...thanks for the heads up. Point taken. :)

VanillaCreme said:

That is the finest piece of advise I have heard in a long long time. Thanks VC :)

Lonesome2 said:
Lonesome2 said:
Coolness...it's been removed. Thanks!
Hey the thread was removed for a few days. Why does it appear again?

Obviously you forgot to draw your deleting wards correctly. :club:

Here's to hoping those Warders called moderators around here will have an answer for you. ;)

Latest posts

Back