Hitting an all time low

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
In my mind I keep seeing a scene of that stupid movie "the holiday", where Kate Winslet is going crazy with unrequited love and almost kills herself, and then she pulls her head out of the oven and saves herself, babbling: low point, very low point. I think i had only one period like this before in my life, but I was 14-15 so I had more energy to get out of it - some days I fear I will do something stupid just out of exhaustion.
As some of you know, some months ago I risked my first real depression, crying all the time for months etc. Considering that my life at the time was horrible and that it all happened after an experience of mobbing at work, instead of keeping going and taking antidepressants I decided to move, back for some months at my mother s house to get a driving license and think where to start everything again, at the young age of 42 (not).
Things haven't been going well, in these last 40 days :The new house is full of dust and I am having bad allergy all the time, I was hoping to find other people to make music with but I am so sick that I can hardly breath, let alone sing professionally - they found two herniated discs in my back some months ago and I spent two weeks half unconscious for the pain because I tried to wash my hair in a very low sink - my chronic illness is not happy with this so all improvement stopped. I am always quite alone and mostly meet people who have zero in common, even if I made a point to go out 3 times a week. My life purpose, singing, is f$&@/ed, my hair looks horrible, i am overweight, my face is covered with allergic rash which doesn't get me any extra admirers, I am too sick to work more than part time, and in any case I get so little joy from life that I can't concentrate most of the time. Whatever joy I had was from singing, and that is now destroyed with the allergy. It also hurts a lot because my mother promised to clean since january, and she is just not doing it, and no one else can help. I am now in a hotel to attend a music workshop and i think tomorrow i will just have to go back and quit because a) all possible combinations of bedding here kills my back and b) how can I attend with severe bronchitis? (And: no, there are no cures, I tried all the medications on the market and they kill the voice more than bronchitis). I know these are first world problems, except maybe the loneliness and the disability, but I am tired of not being able to do anything and missing all the fun because it s too noisy, too cold, bed hard, and crap like that. And now I am old... A middle aged spinster, people don t know in which box I fit, I am a danger to society and undesirable, I don' t know really what I am living for. All the time it has been for some kind of hope, but now I am tired..

How do I snap out of it? Suggestions? I don t want to just stay home and do nothi ng, but all these limitations make it difficult to do otherwise.

Age is immaterial to me; we could be any age and still suffer. Only what is vital for you right now is make an appointment to see your doctor, and ask him to prescribe you an effective antihistamine, a non-drowsy one, to help combat this dust allergy. You should make a double-time appointment so you spend quality time to get these issues sorted.

I suggest you make a list, 10 down to 1 in order of importance. This will act as a handy little prompt, for when we are in the doc's surgery we can get tongue-tied. Recently I made a list and found how useful it was, as my doctor dealt with my ongoing medical problems. You could also ask your your doctor to refer you to a nutritionalist. Their advice is not about losing weight, but advising on the right foods for you. That you stick to a regime that will you begin to feel better. I am diabetic, but needed to get a healthy diet underway. And, it worked. Did take some effort, but the effort paid off. I lead a life that often is governed by the level of pain, but gradually I am getting well again. I don't see why you can't. It's good to have a rant, though. ;)

Mmmm, only now I can't cancel it anymore.. Because this is what it was, a rant - moderators, how do
I cancel this?
Was just doing what you suggest, a list, everything starts with a list

Aww...Peaches. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. I feel like if you could only get your house clean, so much would be better! Stupid dirty houses!

I'm always rooting for you though. :)

Not so long I was depressed too and then I knew unconsciously my marriage was over. What I did was put myself in a position where I was doing all that was important to do to function to the strict minimum and concentrate on ONE thing. I decided to take care of my weight and went on a diet, following it to letter, no exception. 6 months later I was feeling way more confident that I could do things and lost 22 lbs in the process in only 6 months.

Next I took another things I would concentrate on : Rebuilding my bedroom that I thought was so gloomy. So I bought new sheets, mixed them together to have a nice color mix. At then end I thought Well done! It felt good.

Next my wheelchair was causing me health problem so decided to design a new, then fight to get the lower price from all the distributor, and now I am waiting to be delivered, and she is going to be a beauty, sport with yellow spokes, fast... Next I am going to work to get rid of some medical issue that are slowly me down.

My point, Peach, is conquer yourself back, one day at a time, one task at a time. You mom is not cleaning? then you need to get a cleaning lady, don't let others control your life. I don't know what your chronic illness is but maybe you are eligible to some services like Visiting Angels or help someone who is unemployed and hire them for a couple hours a month, or more if you can afford it.

I hope this help, big hug to you Peach and all the best!

Workplace mobbing should be illegal. I think its the most overlooked and minimized form of abuse. I experienced it as well and its very destructive. Sorry you had to experience that.

Peaches said:
In my mind I keep seeing a scene of that stupid movie "the holiday", where Kate Winslet is going crazy with unrequited love and almost kills herself, and then she pulls her head out of the oven and saves herself, babbling: low point, very low point. I think i had only one period like this before in my life, but I was 14-15 so I had more energy to get out of it - some days I fear I will do something stupid just out of exhaustion.
As some of you know, some months ago I risked my first real depression, crying all the time for months etc. Considering that my life at the time was horrible and that it all happened after an experience of mobbing at work, instead of keeping going and taking antidepressants I decided to move, back for some months at my mother s house to get a driving license and think where to start everything again, at the young age of 42 (not).
Things haven't been going well, in these last 40 days :The new house is full of dust and I am having bad allergy all the time, I was hoping to find other people to make music with but I am so sick that I can hardly breath, let alone sing professionally - they found two herniated discs in my back some months ago and I spent two weeks half unconscious for the pain because I tried to wash my hair in a very low sink - my chronic illness is not happy with this so all improvement stopped. I am always quite alone and mostly meet people who have zero in common, even if I made a point to go out 3 times a week. My life purpose, singing, is f$&@/ed, my hair looks horrible, i am overweight, my face is covered with allergic rash which doesn't get me any extra admirers, I am too sick to work more than part time, and in any case I get so little joy from life that I can't concentrate most of the time. Whatever joy I had was from singing, and that is now destroyed with the allergy. It also hurts a lot because my mother promised to clean since january, and she is just not doing it, and no one else can help. I am now in a hotel to attend a music workshop and i think tomorrow i will just have to go back and quit because a) all possible combinations of bedding here kills my back and b) how can I attend with severe bronchitis? (And: no, there are no cures, I tried all the medications on the market and they kill the voice more than bronchitis). I know these are first world problems, except maybe the loneliness and the disability, but I am tired of not being able to do anything and missing all the fun because it s too noisy, too cold, bed hard, and crap like that. And now I am old... A middle aged spinster, people don t know in which box I fit, I am a danger to society and undesirable, I don' t know really what I am living for. All the time it has been for some kind of hope, but now I am tired..

How do I snap out of it? Suggestions? I don t want to just stay home and do nothi ng, but all these limitations make it difficult to do otherwise.

Try getting an air purifier.

Latest posts

Back