My life is stagnant.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadedgun

Reaction score
My last relationship ended a little over a year ago. I was with them for two years. I thought at one point that would be the person I would marry but things went awry towards the two year mark. It wasn't a bitter breakup, just a confusing one.

I logged onto facebook today to be greeted by their engagement announcement on my timeline. I guess things work out the way they are meant to but it was a painful reminder of how stagnant my life feels. Since the breakup they have met someone, dated, fell in love and proposed marriage while I have been on one date. ONE. I haven't even kissed another person since we parted. I don't want one night stands but I feel very lonely. I also don't know how to meet people. I've tried the online dating sites to only have connected with perverts or scammers. I recently joined a yoga class but there is no one remotely close to my age in it. I feel like I'm putting myself out there the best I know how but at the end of the day I still feel so alone and disconnected.

((((Hug)))))

I have so been there and know exactly what that feels like. Its not a great feeling, but when you feel ready, really ready, there is lots you can do to get unstuck! For me, I stayed stuck a loooong time, because I wasn't ready...

When I decided to..i joined Meetup groups..( not for dating, just for like minded people) , also did join dating groups, reconnected with old friends, spent a lot more time with my family, and just got out.

I was lucky to reconnect with an old friend and we've been together as a couple well over a year now. You can do this, but only when you feel ready.

I'm in a similar situation its disheartening how things work out for others while you feel like despite putting in triple the effort, you feel like you have gained nothing and they have found all they wanted like it was as simple as just walking outside. Life works out for people more linearly than others so some of those people could never know how amazing life can be with or without someone.

Keep trying otherwise it will be 3 or so years where you havent met someone else and you'll be stuck in a rut like me. Focus on the things you want to do, ever wanted to go somewhere but you were being held back? Take the chance and make yourself worthy of you.

Hey, I'm sorry things are looking so down. I think you should hide your feed so you don't get updates from this person. When you haven't talked to someone in a while, all you know are the highlights of their lives -- what they want to show everyone on social media. But, they have their own problems. They might one day end up divorced. You just don't know. But you have control of your life and you are trying, that's what matters. *hugs*

Latest posts

Back