new post filters

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
When viewing the list of latest posts or today's posts, can I filter out threads with more than 50 replies in them? Some threads have like 12,000 replies in them, and nobody will ever again even see the 8,000th reply in a 12,000-reply thread, or the 25th reply in a 50-reply thread, so it's a waste of time to post it.

No, there are no filters for those lists. I am not sure that i understand why you can't make the 51st post in a thread even if you feel that no one will ever again read the 25th post of the thread.

Minus said:
No, there are no filters for those lists. I am not sure that i understand why you can't make the 51st post in a thread even if you feel that no one will ever again read the 25th post of the thread.

When the thread gets to 60 posts no one will ever again see the 51st post. I don't mean read but literally even see. People read only the first few and latest few posts in any thread, especially one that reaches 12,000 posts as the most popular threads on ALL do.

mickey said:
Minus said:

When the thread gets to 60 posts no one will ever again see the 51st post. I don't mean read but literally even see. People read only the first few and latest few posts in any thread, especially one that reaches 12,000 posts as the most popular threads on ALL do.

Not true. Lots of people read the whole thread, especially if there are only 60 posts. Granted, not everyone will go back and read from the "what are you thinking" thread, but if it's about a specific topic, many people will.

There is a button you can push to take you to the last post you saw, so I'm not sure why it's a big deal....

I read the whole thread, unless it is a game thread. 60 posts is only three pages for me, so that isn't much. When you see questions asked that were answered just two posts earlier, it does make it clear that some just read the first post or so and respond but i couldn't agree that no one reads threads over 20 or 60 posts.

When I first joined the site,I spent weeks reading through each and every post,in every thread. Gave me a great insight as to how the site started out,and how it evolved into the site it is now,and the different people who have been and gone,and the people who have come back or have been on here for a long time,and how they themselves have changed over time. I'm sure there may have been other's who have done this also,or may at some stage in the future.

Latest posts

Back