Does anyone Donate to ALL?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considered it too at some point. Simply couldn't settle for a particular amount yet. But after spending and enjoying almost a year here, it sure deserves some payback.

Rodent said:
Considered it too at some point. Simply couldn't settle for a particular amount yet. But after spending and enjoying almost a year here, it sure deserves some payback.

Yes, that's how I feel too.

Love the new avatar btw. :)

HoodedMonk said:
Yes, that's how I feel too.

There are only two numbers that come to my mind actually, so I'll just get down to it on my first "anniversary".

HoodedMonk said:
Love the new avatar btw. :)

Heh, thanks. Always gotta stay in theme. :cool:

The one thing about donations is that once you release the funds you are no longer in control of them. It is best to do some research on the instituations you are looking to contribute to.

Also be very careful about filling out signature lists to promote causes. I did one on saving dogs and cats from medical testing and ended up on a Democratic mailing list that flooded my e-mail with requests for funds for their candidates. When I tried to remove myself from them, the only way it would let me is to state that I would vote for their candidate in the next election. It put a bad taste in my mouth and I've never backed anything over the internet since then.

What I made up my mind to do was volunteer my time in places like Habitat for Humanity, instead of giving money since I've always thought that you could make a better impact by actually donating one's time and effort, instead of simply tossing money at it.

I mean, what would make you feel better in a relationship. Having a person give you $50 dollars or spending some quality time with that person?

oh-kay? said:
The one thing about donations is that once you release the funds you are no longer in control of them. It is best to do some research on the instituations you are looking to contribute to.

Also be very careful about filling out signature lists to promote causes. I did one on saving dogs and cats from medical testing and ended up on a Democratic mailing list that flooded my e-mail with requests for funds for their candidates. When I tried to remove myself from them, the only way it would let me is to state that I would vote for their candidate in the next election. It put a bad taste in my mouth and I've never backed anything over the internet since then.

What I made up my mind to do was volunteer my time in places like Habitat for Humanity, instead of giving money since I've always thought that you could make a better impact by actually donating one's time and effort, instead of simply tossing money at it.

I mean, what would make you feel better in a relationship. Having a person give you $50 dollars or spending some quality time with that person?

ALL is not some bleeding-heart charity institution though. Just a website run by a single person. All donations go to this individual whose name you can check on the donation page. So the possibility that you're getting scammed here is near zero.

If you still want to make an effort beyond that, you could volunteer as a moderator. That's all you can do around here. You gotta see the proportions.

I do see your point, but your bad experiences and that relationship example are hardly relevant for this specific cause.

Rodent said:
oh-kay? said:

ALL is not some bleeding-heart charity institution though. Just a website run by a single person. All donations go to this individual whose name you can check on the donation page. So the possibility that you're getting scammed here is near zero.

If you still want to make an effort beyond that, you could volunteer as a moderator. That's all you can do around here. You gotta see the proportions.

I do see your point, but your bad experiences and that relationship example are hardly relevant for this specific cause.

Sorry I did not make the connection between ALL and this site.

oh-kay? said:

Right about now, $50 bucks from my guy sounds good. I got games to buy.

Latest posts

Back