Loneliness in your own home

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMysticxX

Reaction score
Sometimes it's as if my house is swallowing me up. Parents constantly work and I spend my day at home alone sometimes up to 10 hours. What is one to do all that time. One thing that scares me is that I actually don't speak for a full 10 hours, whom am I supposed to talk to? It's strange how a whole house with the telly going, dogs snoring stretching birds tweeting can actually feel silent. Well this is my first post reply if you know what I mean feel free to rely I don't know really how forums work ! :) Bye x

I used to be like that. I rarely ever left my house when I lived with my parents.

But there is plenty to do. I actually sometimes wish I had done more with that time. You can do one of two things.
1. Go out and enjoy whatever there is to do around town or outside.
2. Get some hobbies you can do indoors.

I used to just play video games, listen to music, and talk to people online in various places, but I've discovered many hobbies now that I wish I had started to do back then (when I had more free time).

Indoors you could try to do things like painting, reading, gaming, crafting (anything), writing, etc. Anything that fills your time, but more particularly with things you can actually learn to do better.
Outside you can do gardening, riding a bike, checking out the scenery, photography, or just go to town (if you are near enough) and visit the 'hang out' spots and maybe meet some new people.
If you're uncomfortable being at home for that long it's probably best you get outside. But if this feeling is just because you're bored, then just try finding a hobby. There are so many great things to do in this world, just find something that you really enjoy.

Hi wow , thanks a lot for your time to reply! You know what I will take on board what you've said! After this movie I'm going to do something more inspiring and pick back up a pencil and draw! :) and I soon as I get a camera I can try some photography ! I'm very grateful for your reply

It sounds like you need to get out more. Do you have any parks or lakes near you?

xaero said:
It sounds like you need to get out more. Do you have any parks or lakes near you?

No I live on the edge of a village, but thank you for the suggestion !

Latest posts

Back