Being lonely can be dangerous.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenia

Reaction score
Just been thinking about my own past experiences, friends experiences and stories I have read and heard.

It is probably pretty obvious, but it is scary thinking that being lonely can make you do or cloud your vision to potentially dangerous situations. Some people and at times in my life have been so desperate for contact that have overlooked potentially dangerous situations.

How many people have continued relationships where violence or verbal aggression is present just so they don't have to be alone (I know it can be more complicated than that).

Agree to meet people against their gut instinct, just so they can connect with someone.

Anyway thoughts over.

I have done this, oh yes. I have stayed and stayed for emotional violence. I HOPE I wouldn't stay for physical violence, but I have no proof. I've handed myself off from one unsuitable partner to another when it's time to leave, so I won't have to be alone.

I know I will be alone, eventually. I'm lucky though, in that my relationship with my current partner is lonely. I get a little support, while I take action to learn how to make contacts in the greater world. If I do a decent job of it, I'll be ok.

Latest posts

Back