How Low have people have gotten

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Long time and no kind of see what so ever. Over the time I have wasted time on social media. I am seeing an unholy amount of I don't know what. A lot of people are just terrible people in this world. At my old job, in real life, on social media. People just making quotas like machines. People are treated as such. This tread is just a discussion of you're experience on the subject. Please do not belittle each other and have fun... if you can.

Well I had a *****-fit just a few minutes ago in this forum. Should be hard to miss.

I only wish I were treated like a machine. Machines are treated better than this by all but the most extreme Luddite. There's something far worse creeping through society than mere automation and dehumanization.

Maybe the way out of this mess humanity created for itself is dehumanization and deconstructing the past. The only problem is that the future people with power want to create is nothing less than a living Hell, and it doesn't matter what their means are; if anything they benefit from sustaining old-fashioned social structures, so long as they are sufficiently corrupted and manipulable.

I've long known that most people look at me in terms of how they can best benefit from me as if I were a tool--what services do I offer?

All that can be done is to find the exception that views human company and the happiness gained from it as the end when making friendships.

It's so hard to find a job in which people aren't treated horribly and forced to output as much as they can for as little as possible. Human beings are not machines. They are humans. But the powers that be only care about profitability.

Capitalism.

HoodedMonk said:
It's so hard to find a job in which people aren't treated horribly and forced to output as much as they can for as little as possible. Human beings are not machines. They are humans. But the powers that be only care about profitability.

Capitalism.

I hear you on that. What if your personality just isn't naturally suited to being a producer? What if you want more out of life than doing something over and over which you can sort of tolerate and then look forward to TV or happy hour? What if you want something more to do and to think about? What if you're like me, just curious about lots of things? I could spend days just reading about whatever is on my mind, or learning how to do different things. I'd love to just sit down and draw or learn how to get in shape or read a bunch of books or learn things and not wonder how I'm going to use it to make money, but just for curiosity's sake. I'm not at all suited to just doing the same tasks over and over and over.

I've always felt like there's just no place for me in the capitalistic world. Sometimes I wish I were just born rich, so I wouldn't have to worry about producing and just follow my curiosity. Maybe I would produce something if I felt like it, because I feel like I would eventually. But it would be in a way of my own choosing, not by force.

It's so confusing. Society is only interested in what it can get from you, how it can use you for the benefit of other people and it doesn't care about how you might want or even need to be better than you are for your own sake. I get frustrated that we're supposed to live our whole lives being useful and place our own dreams and desires second. I realize that makes me sound really greedy but I'm not Scrooge or something. I just want to get to be somebody that I actually like.

It really starts with our school. Look at the way the classrooms are set up. You are programmed like that from the first grade and is like that for 12 years. Finland and places in Africa seems to have gotten this right. Let people be free and not have to live up to standards. (Crying right now)

I don't do social networking because it takes up far too much of my personal time. I prefer studying because I'm curious about subjects, and my learning ability is fast because I remember stuff. But having such a keen memory doesn't make you learnproperly unless you take the subject apart to learn its theory. Then you start getting somewhere, starting at the roots and working upwards. I home school and because of my learning ability, do advanced subjects to AS Level 2 what eighteen year olds are doing at college, so this takes away great big chunks of time when my peers and sisters are out enjoying themselves. I'm a bookworm, too. Reading has become my shelter where I can go into a story and feel part of it.

From personal experience I know how low and nasty people can be, but I am not picked on anymore because I been trained in self defence. A soft answer goes a long way to defusing trouble, though. The accuser walks away frustrated I didn't take the bait. He wouldn't know it, but I could wipe the floor with him, so I was shown how to control my reactions, but be situationally aware. This got proved good in town one morning when I walked away from what could have become a street fight and I don't mean chick fights. Chick fights are laughable. Anyway, I have a big responsibility to lead my sisters in being good and honest and truthful and kind towards others, and that means being polite and treating peoples with courtessy. Mum told me to always be polite and to look smart when out. I had a boyfriend called Jack Falcon whose shirt wasn't ironed, so I taught him how to iron and do his laundry proper so he would always look good. And polish his boots just like mine. These things I been told are the basics of looking good = feeling good. And I haven't been proved wrong yet.

I can't sleep tonight because of some bad memories, glad its the weekend though. Can't sleep in a dark room. I have to have my bedside light on dim. Its best that way. Right now I've surrounded myself with my teddybears. They bring comfort while everyone sleeps and are looking on as I sip my second mug of tea.

Even worse, when you are doing better for yourself you get a lot a hate and slander.

African_weasel said:
Even worse, when you are doing better for yourself you get a lot a hate and slander.

I get that all the time, but I don't let real life people bother me much. The less you tell others, the less ammunition they have. The little they know, the least they can use against you. Internet sites where people take pops at you are places best avoided. Teen sites are notorious for this. Their content is best read offline.

If you are doing well for yourself, keep it to yourself. That's what I do.

HoodedMonk said:

Capitalism.

That is one of the reasons I want to make my own business and keep it small. That way, I can avoid all the problems that come with being big.

I take the social media rather light-heartedly as my natural disposition is rather sarcastic and with a bit of a morbid sense of humor. I also subsequently feel that the answer to this is not to censor it, but to uncensor it. In life, it is getting roughed up a bit that teaches us how to handle the punches that we get. The same is true for social situations. Now I do agree that there is indeed a legal and practical cutoff point. Online harassment, actually cruelly ruining someone's life via social media because you are at odds with them on a personal matter, these sorts of things I think are unnecessary. I think that people who act out in such a way need both better education, and therapy to learn to control themselves and compose themselves a bit more properly. I think that rather than run from the problem, we should explore it, in an attempt to correct it. People can be quite cruel, ESPECIALLY when matters of the ego are involved. So I think the proper psychological standpoint would be to start dissecting what it is that makes a person/s this way from an ego-standpoint and how can we learn to correct and/or treat it. You would be quite surprised, at the length someone will go to out of jealousy or greed when they are otherwise genuinely good people. But, all things in life have their temptations, and their excesses of those temptations, and so it's easy to fall prey to these sorts of pitfalls, especially within aspects such as identity, concept of structure, and/or social connotations of atmosphere and even to the depths of a person/s faith/s and more philosophical related issues.

Latest posts

Back