Words of wisdom-"Don't Pray for an Easy Life...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleEvans89

Reaction score
....PRAY for the strength and nobility to endure a difficult one."

-Borrowed from: "Masters and Slaves: Uniquely German Moralities."

I've never prayed for an easy life, just the fortitude to get through the one I've been given. Perhaps I have German blood. :)

el Jay said:
And what if you don't get either?

That strength and nobility come from within. An easy life can be given to someone. But the courage to go through rough times is all on us.

At least if my distant step grandfather Paul had kicked me out, I'd of been forced to get a life. Instead I let time pass, and things just seemed impossible, and plus I had extreme IBS. Kept thinking I would write books, but never got around to it. I had 4 projects that were kind of active, and whole outlines of others, but somehow or other I never got around to them. Two were close to being done, but I was not satisfied with them. One had been done, but I needed to improve in writing a lot more, which I did, but never got to finish the ones I meant to do, esp the non fiction. I guess I thought I would have all the answers someday, but I didn't have any answers to my own life. It would have been better to just get out there and do anything, being normal isn't so bad. I was hopeful, stubborn, and proud of heart, creative, passionate, but my interests were often rare, I needed professional help, too proud to waste time and money on things of that sort, and between IBS and everyone's horror tales, finding a job and place in life just seemed impossible. The very concept of investment and planning for the future thus eluded me, and spiritually its a very important one. I was oblivious to the subtleties of what spirit you are walking in, and how all the levels of reality blend together. Only in the modern world is it possible to be poor AND distracted by the deceitfulness of riches at the same time. Unbelivable.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but once life has begun we don't have much choice in the matter of whether we're starting from easy or difficult positions.

I agree, a life lived easily isn't a life worth living.

Latest posts

Back