Life isn't all that serious.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickmagneto

Reaction score
Sometimes we all take life too seriously, forgetting that nothing really matters. We tend to focus on the past or the future while ignoring the only thing that is actually real about our lives; right now.

Being alone isn't an issue but our thoughts about the fact that we are alone is what bothers us, so then being alone turns into loneliness. Always try to keep your attention in the present moment and the feelings in your body, if thoughts pop up in your mind, just observe them withoiut analyzing or judgement because you are not your thoughts. Slowly but surely, loneliness will begin to bother you less.

The world is nothing but a playground after all. Here is a little song i wrote about it;

Peace!

You make some good points for sure. However, I wouldn't say NOTHING matters. There are things that matter. But, there is a heck of a lot that doesn't matter. And, it is important to allow yourself to see humor or have a sense of lightness. I used to think life was about the Big Things. But, now I realize it is really about the small things. Enjoying a good meal. Petting your dog. Giving a child a hug, etc.

I agree but you should still take your life seriously. You only live once.

Great job you creative soul! Love the song! :D

Very true, I think I posted about this once, that being alone is one thing, but our thoughts about being alone can make or break us. Good to be reminded of this.

If the world is a playground, then it seems that the bullies have the big sticks, the teachers don't care ( all off on a smoke break ), the playground equipment is all rusted and broken, and the cliques of kids who take the games too seriously all laugh at the new kids who want to have fun. If it's all a game, then it really isn't much fun to play.

Latest posts

Back