Vulture Culture??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niantiel

Reaction score
Does anyone else partake in Vulture Culture? Or is that just me here??
It is usually a typically small communal thing, so I don't have expediencies, and people don't typically like being open about it, so if this is you, PM me if you're not comfortable with being open about it. :)

Hmm I honestly have no idea what you're talking about lol. But then again, I'm not a native english speaker. Could you tell me what that's about? You can send me a PM too, if you prefer.

Interesting. Out of curiosity, what do you do with the bones? Articulate them, display them, make them into jewelery, keep them in the medicine cabinet to freak out nosy houseguests? (kidding on that one) :)

TheWalkingDead said:
Not my thing, but if I find any dead mice you're welcome to them!!!!!!

I would LOVE dead mice!! I could feed my boa with them :-D

ringwood said:
Interesting. Out of curiosity, what do you do with the bones? Articulate them, display them, make them into jewelery, keep them in the medicine cabinet to freak out nosy houseguests? (kidding on that one) :)

Depends on what the bones look like and are from. Birds, cats, dogs, and moles, and smaller creatures, I usually make jewelry out of or ornamented displays for my apartment with them. I want to eventually be able to buy a dremal and do carvings with them. It can artistically come out quite beautiful if you develop the skill enough:

il_fullxfull.569308354_ir0r.jpg

I wasn't thrilled by the idea, but what you share is very beautiful

Yes, that is indeed macabre, but it's very beautiful and it's quite the intriguing hobby. I'd like to have an intricately carved piece like that, although I wouldn't be able to make one myself. Not one artistic bone in my body sadly.

You know I used to be fascinated by bones I would find in my yard as a little girl. I regularly find deer, geese and fish bones. Would you like me to mail some to you? Is that even allowed via USPS? o_O

I was totally confused what you were talking about when you said Vulture Culture, hence why I clicked in the first place. lol. I've never heard it called that. But yes, I would say I'm interested in it!

I have never personally found bones that I really wanted to clean and keep but if I had, I would have done it. I like bones. I've considered buying stuff off of Etsy but I'm a bit logical with my money. And tend to not take house decor too seriously. Plus, I'm waiting also for once I get a really nice curio cabinet.

The thought of it all though does interest me and if there were good bones I found, I'd keep them. Just haven't come across any.

MvPlqF5.jpg

You wants?

Edit, I think I see the pelvis bone actually. Thought it was a lower jawbone at first. I raked up even more in other little piles.

Is it legal to ship animal bones via mail?

HoodedMonk said:

I think unless you can prove that it was something that you hunted and tagged legally, you might get fined. I hear game wardens are really strict about stuff like that. You'd have to look into it.

But people send drugs through usps all the time so you probably won't have to worry about it.

kamya said:
HoodedMonk said:

I think unless you can prove that it was something that you hunted and tagged legally, you might get fined. I hear game wardens are really strict about stuff like that. You'd have to look into it.

But people send drugs through usps all the time so you probably won't have to worry about it.

Yeah it's not like dogs are trained to sniff out animal bones, right? Right?

HoodedMonk said:
MvPlqF5.jpg

You wants?

Edit, I think I see the pelvis bone actually. Thought it was a lower jawbone at first. I raked up even more in other little piles.

Thanks, but I have plenty to work with for right now. :)
Yes, it's legal to ship the bones through the mail. Although I wouldn't really recommend it if they're fragile like skulls and vertebrae.

Edit:

I mostly use them for my own purposes and making jewelry (albeit, quite amateur-like and badly done) for myself and for my friends.
As for legalities, if it's roadkill, my mind kinda goes: "It's only illegal if I get caught!" Sssooo, I'm working on masacrating a redtail hawk at the moment. Which is kind of illegal in my state.....but, this one's not chipped, and well, their skeletal structure is just so pretty. I will probably hack off the talons and turn them into a necklace for myself, as there's no point in me trying to articulate it. It got hit by a box truck and broke it's neck on impact.

2v9faeq.jpg

Latest posts

Back