Dont know what to do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonely_pokemon

Reaction score
Hi, I recently ended bachelor studies (painting) ,

Recently I find myself in a really bad situation. during high school I was totally ignorant doing nothing but playing World of warcraft. During that time I was meeting people in school and I wasnt trying to make friends or socialize. After I quit I continued to play other online games like league of legends for the next 2 years on college.
This was the first year I stopped playing completely and I sort of have no life to go back to. All the people from video games just disapear when you stop playing.

I live with parrents, brother and sister in a small town where I dont know anyone.
We started building our house in 1998 and today its 2015 and half of the house is not finished (1 of 3 floors is finished) and full of some mess that it feels like living as homeless.
And in family everybody sort of hate each other.

My father has a problem with drinking, and when I tell him to get help he always tells me he has no problem and continue drinking. And he doesnt care about how we live, and when I ask him to work and offer him help he gets angry and continue doing nothing. And my older brother hates me and is on fathers side.

I have no friends I know few people on college but non of them is my close friend, my mom is a nice person, but she is very sad and always talks about how everything will end as a bad dream.

I feel lost.

Sory for so long spam.

Look at career paths, find out what you want to do, and get to work on pursuing them.

I also kind of in similar situation where I dont have any friends and in small town. I am trying to get out to events and things but it isnt that easy to make new connections from scratch.
Wasted quite some time on gaming and indeed when you stop you dont here anything from those people again. I got all these games I still have to play but it would take me years to complete
em all I guess lol :p I currently do got a job though but have been unemployed for quite long time.

Speaking as someone who came from a depressing home, it's important to get some kind of other company in your life, even if it's nothing more than a couple people you play basketball with on weekends or discuss books with at the coffee shop. Most people soak up the mindsets around them to a degree.

Stonely said:
Look at career paths, find out what you want to do, and get to work on pursuing them.

Yep! Get out of the situation. Go out on your own.

I moved to a small town and had to no friends here, and it sucked. I'm moving back to my hometown, where at least I will have my family. Playing video games isn't a bad thing, sometimes you make decent friends on there.

A thing that helped me make some friends was my job. You have at least that in common, and friendships can grow.

Your family is dysfunctional and you need to live in a home of your own, somehow. Work on that.

Know this: it isn't your responsibility to save them from themselves or fix their problems. However, try not to make things worse.

Save your money, work at a job, do what it takes to logistically be self reliant.

I say this because I spent most of my life trying to fix my dysfunctional family and lost many, many years. Don't make that mistake.

Thank you for reading my story and feedback :) I will try to work on becoming independent. I never applyed for a job (I was sort of affraid) , I think its right time to change that.

First job eh? That's a big step. When you get hired, try to fit in and mesh with the group. Whatever you do, don't make anybody else's work harder. When you do something wrong (when, not if) know that you did and learn from it. If your associates are hardasses about it (they might be) don't get rattled......the only ones who never make a mistake are the ones who aren't doing anything.

Latest posts

Back