What's your go-to...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blumar

Reaction score
What the thing that takes your mind off of being lonely - what's your distraction?

My biggest distraction is games (just finished Bloodborne). I like singing too but I'm sure I suck at it :p. Anyway, what's your distraction?

eating?

music/singing, deadlines so I make myself think that I am giving up my social life for work, when in fact there isn't none (that is particularly interesting)

Doing computer work, reading books and playing sports games on my computer.

Dwelling on the past. Reliving happier times and imagining the scenarios as I'd have had them be if I could do it over again.

Really unhealthy!

Reading, DVD's, eating-I got through a huge bar of white chocolate with hazelnuts in last night.

I watch an obscene amount of movies when there is nothing else to do. Also getting into a game on the computer or ps3 can distract me pretty well. The worst is when I go online and start buying things. :/

SophiaGrace gave me a huge love for books, so reading is always a pleasure. I have many books. Music, too. I have guitars to play and band practice. For enjoying with my family I love jigsaw puzzles. My other interest is learning how to bead.

I saw some beautiful pendant necklaces on Pintrest, and those led me to this place where I am choosing some patterns to download. It's an American site. Linda Richmond I love the reversable pendants! :)

mostly everything XD like reading, playing games, eating, watching movies... etc
as long as I'm doing something usually I'm ok... most of the times ;)

Games used to do it for me, now not so much.

I think working with my dogs helps. I focus on training them instead of other things.

Watching films and listening to music mainly. I used to be really in to creative writing,but for a while I have found it difficult to just block everything else out and just concentrate.

Working out or hiking. I love getting out on a trail and not coming back for a couple of days. THere have been times I go without seeing another human for the entire weekend.

I spend my time focused on other tasks and accomplishing my life goals.

music always and internet forums (now this one:)) and reading random stuff on internet because when I feel really bad I can't concentrate on reading books :facepalm:.

I try to read some Economics/The Economist or something related to my degree. Lately i've taken up French, but I find it hard to concentrate when I'm lonely sometimes.

I really should watch more movies. I have loads I want to watch but no actual patience or will to lose a couple of hours in my day to them. I just wanna watch them with other people. I hate so much solitary activity.

My tools. Whether I freaking out, depressed, angry, I can always pick up my tools and do something, and get lost in the doing. If I need something more aggressive, I've got my ATV or my chainsaw.

Latest posts

Back