How Loneliness Effects Our Brain

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not only are we dying inside, we're dying on the outside as well :( .

Eteled said:

I don't know about you but it gives me more motivation to change the way I think about things. Maybe if I think more positive, more people will want to be near me, thus, I could be less lonely?

Dandelion said:
Eteled said:

I don't know about you but it gives me more motivation to change the way I think about things. Maybe if I think more positive, more people will want to be near me, thus, I could be less lonely?

Yeah, if you had people to be around with...

Dandelion said:
Eteled said:

Speaking for myself - "thinking positive" is near impossible. OCD, PTSD, anxiety, depression - a person with mental illness can't just not let it affect their daily lives. I can smile, can feel good - but always there's that lead weight dead zone. Telling a person with depression to think positive is like telling a paraplegic to walk it off.

Goemul said:
Dandelion said:
Eteled said:

Speaking for myself - "thinking positive" is near impossible. OCD, PTSD, anxiety, depression - a person with mental illness can't just not let it affect their daily lives. I can smile, can feel good - but always there's that lead weight dead zone. Telling a person with depression to think positive is like telling a paraplegic to walk it off.
I wasn't telling anyone to think anything...

I apologize... Its a touchy subject with me. I didn't mean to imply you were telling anyone to think positive, was more stating that not everyone really can think positive.

Goemul said:
I apologize... Its a touchy subject with me. I didn't mean to imply you were telling anyone to think positive, was more stating that not everyone really can think positive.

No worries :)

We all have our own opinions and I respect yours.

I believe everyone is capable of changing the way they view things. I don't think it's like a light switch that you can turn on and off. But I feel if you want something bad enough, you can improve yourself by taking appropriate steps.

Loneliness causes heart disease huh? I guess I won't be around long then .-.

Shio said:
Loneliness causes heart disease huh? I guess I won't be around long then .-.

Yea, but what is this based on?

Did they really monitor someone who was lonely for all 60-100 years of their life and come up with the results?

Lucky me!!! I got all this to look forward to. Oh who am I kidding, I probably have this all right now.

Latest posts

Back